Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the posts about removing the side moldings and it seems easy enough same process as debadging which i already did im just worried about there being a "tan line" since its an 05... however when i took off the cobalt and 50Lb chevy badges off the back there were no lines there is no reason there should be one where the side moldings are right... tan lines= paint color difference from being exposed to the sun

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Hmmm... idk, really hard to tell... Ive read about some ppl on here having that problem, but i would imagine that if ur trunk didnt have it, ur doors wouldnt either, cuz i think the trunk would b in the sun more than the doors...right? lol... i guess maybe you could pull up a corner of the back, remove the glue and see, if there is a 'tan line' then just put it back w/ some doublesided 3M tape, but if not, then yank em off! HAHAHA

either way, good luck! :)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
my cars an 06 bought in 05. I removed mine, and they're was a very very slight tan line. You could only see it if you kneeled down and looked at a certain angle. But a clay bar and some good wax took care of it, its not their any more.

·
Registered
720 Posts
With care products you can take care of any "fading" that you may find...just take them off.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet... it shall be my weekend project i'll post the pictures :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.