Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone with a silver Cobalt post a picture of their tint? I'm thinking about doing 30-35%, even though I really want 20, NY is a bit of a stickler for tint.. I just want to see the differences in how it looks. Thanks

·
Registered
810 Posts
cops wont bother you just for your tints, if you get pulled over for something else then they will hassle you

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Heres my solution that has never failed...

Cop pulls you over
You turn the car off and open the door to address to popo
He/She mentions that your tint is illegal
You say "sorry, they are legal but my windows don't go down", while you push the non operation button!!
Been doing it since High School and it has yet to fail because they need to hang their tool over your open window.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
yes if you open your door as a cop approaches you would be shot/tazered in a heartbeat, probably handcuffed then thrown in jail. IDK where your from but that doesnt fly in NY.

As for the tints, ANY window tint in NY is illegal except for the 70% from the factory, which is basicly nothing. So if you get 35 or 20 theyre both illegal. And if i cop is going to hassle you about your tints hes not gonna base it on wether its 20 or 35. Tints are tints so if hes gonna give u a hardtime it doesnt matter how dark they are its not changing his mind because theyre a little lighter. With that being said ive never been pulled over for having 20% tints. (Long island)

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Why would they beat up a black guy more than a white guy? Why is it illegal to tint your windows? Who cares?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Must be the location.

I'm not saying get out of the car and confront the cop, when they ask you to roll down the window just open the door. I would be impressed if race would make a difference in that situation no matter where you are from.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

My location says MN so thats where I am. You can only have up to 70 here too but I used to run with 15 and my buddy has 10, never gotten a ticket although gotten pulled over a couple dozen times from it.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Why is it illegal to tint your windows? Who cares?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
in my hood cops bother for almost everything. Tints especially if your car is modded. Basically if you do anything "suspicious" they stop you. I got stopped after i parked my car outside my friends house. They searched me and asked "is this your car". I was so offended :notrust:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.