Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I started on painting my calipers black. Finished the two front calipers, hand brushed on 5 coats of black high temp paint. gonna spray paint the back drums tomorrow. I also applied some clear coat to my front bowtie which I painted the day b4, however I applied the clearcoat too thick on the third layer causing it to drip and look crappy. In turn I will be redoing the bowtie tomorrow, black then clear coat...not so thick this time :notrust:

·
Registered
496 Posts
well at least you can redo it. no harm in that

·
Registered
164 Posts
thats not too bad of a mistake, the other nite i was painting a part for my car, and forgot to wetsand between the final coat of paint, and the 1st coat of clear. The clear coat got into all the nooks and crannies from the final coat, and looked like shit. Had to sand that all over again :mad:

eh, but at least its nothin a few sheets of sandpaper cant fix lol

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
If you still have the brush on paint, use that for your drums also. I used the spray on brake drum and caliper paint on my drums about one year ago and it is almost all the way off, compared to the brush on paing on my Rams drums that ig going on 5 years old and still on.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Today I started on painting my calipers black. Finished the two front calipers, hand brushed on 5 coats of black high temp paint. gonna spray paint the back drums tomorrow. I also applied some clear coat to my front bowtie which I painted the day b4, however I applied the clearcoat too thick on the third layer causing it to drip and look crappy. In turn I will be redoing the bowtie tomorrow, black then clear coat...not so thick this time :notrust:
Hey dont strip it. Just wet sand the Bow Tie till you smooth out the clear coat till the 2nd coat. Then apply again.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Damn i hate when that happens. Drips are the worst.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.