Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see what everyone thinks is the single best mod to improve handling, whether it be in a cobalt or not

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Definately has to be coilovers. Not only do they lower you down further (giving you better center of gravity), but they can also be stiffer (reducing body roll, and keeping understeer to a minimum). They are also adjustable, so if you are getting too much oversteer, you can adjust them to give you less. So these here do much more than the rest of the options you have up there. Definately the best handling mod.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Yeah, coilovers probably take the cake...but the price on them is pretty steep, so you'd definitely want to be racing the car...

Now as far as springs go, which ones handle better, Eibachs or SS/TCs?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Definately has to be coilovers. Not only do they lower you down further (giving you better center of gravity), but they can also be stiffer (reducing body roll, and keeping understeer to a minimum). They are also adjustable, so if you are getting too much oversteer, you can adjust them to give you less. So these here do much more than the rest of the options you have up there. Definately the best handling mod.
Couldn't agree more!
Yeah, coilovers probably take the cake...but the price on them is pretty steep, so you'd definitely want to be racing the car...

Now as far as springs go, which ones handle better, Eibach's or SS/TCs?
The stock ss/tc springs will handle better than the sportlines.. Sportlines have a problem with coil binding.. The Eibach pro-kit is better though. If you really want the best handling aftermarket drop spring, go with Pedders. They were developed by Powell racing.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I voted lowering springs. Yeah coilovers might be the best if your racing, but for the daily driver that will probably never see a track (which most of us have), lowering springs in my opinion are the best mod you can get.

Don't forget tires though. Better tires can make a big difference too.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
i voted coilovers. just because the question wasnt about specific applications. just what is the best single mod for performance.
price vs gain, id say rear sway for sure.
Now as far as springs go, which ones handle better, Eibachs or SS/TCs?
the tc's offer better handling, without much of a drop though.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Couldn't agree more!

The stock ss/tc springs will handle better than the sportlines.. Sportlines have a problem with coil binding.. The Eibach pro-kit is better though. If you really want the best handling aftermarket drop spring, go with Pedders. They were developed by Powell racing.
i voted coilovers. just because the question wasnt about specific applications. just what is the best single mod for performance.
price vs gain, id say rear sway for sure.

the tc's offer better handling, without much of a drop though.
Yeah, Pedders makes good shit, kinda expensive, I think? I wonder how much of a drop they offer...

So now, between the SS/TC and Pro-kit then? Whats the lowering amount of the Pro Kit?

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
i gotta toss up on this one, i know lowering springs...i.e. sport lines or pro sports... work pretty good. Now I have seen a kit by eibrach that is the coilovers, sway bars..front and rear..bushings and something else for a decent price and tirerack.com. So I went with the lowering springs

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
pro kit is 1" and 1.6' on ls/lt im pretty sure
And the SS/TC springs drop it what, like half an inch?

Looked up the Pedders springs online, and they run 90 bucks a piece. So $360 for four springs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If cost is not a factor then go with coilovers and do not buy cheap knock off either pay for the best set money can buy.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
pro kit is 1" and 1.6' on ls/lt im pretty sure
Yep and about 1/2 inch in the rear on the ss models.
And the SS/TC springs drop it what, like half an inch?
about an inch all around.. 3/4 inch maybe..
Looked up the Pedders springs online, and they run 90 bucks a piece. So $360 for four springs.
Yeah They are spendy, but worth it IMO I will probably be upgrading from my SSC springs

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
budget? springs. More money then a whore on friday night? Coil overs, Rear Sway, Strut bar. Im on SSC springs and Konis and love them to death.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
I wonder how much a drop the sportlines would give an ss/sc, I am planning on dropping my car down a bit...and putting different rims on... anyone with an ss/sc know.

I would say do coilovers with a rear sway bar to be honest, the front area suspension wise is pretty tight, but the back area is where it needs attention, imo.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.