Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have been searching through the forums for a couple days now and I have found a couple different answers and I was wondering if someone could clear this up for me. I have an 08 cobalt lt with OnStar and I already know I need the harness to keep it but I was wondering what I need to mount a single din unit? I read on one of the other threads that you need to cut the back out to fit the single but I read in another one that there should be room to mount the single if you have the mounting kit for it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have a double DIN but if there is not enough room it's real easy to remove the metal bracket in the dash to really open it up.
The plastic parts I have in my hand in this pic reveal the metal brace that I ended up taking out as well. You can also bend it back for some more room if you want to leave it in there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent thanks for he quick reply. Hoping to get mine in this weekend if best buy has the mounting hardware. If not then crutchfield it is.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Crutchfield is awesome. Their customer service is one of a kind.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's where I ordered my speakers from the first time and I have no problem recommending them to anyone. They are always helpful

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.