Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 LS sedan and just wanting to find out how people are attaching their satellite radios. I know you can attach it from a vent and the other attachment would require putting holes in my dash. right now I have it attached
and just wanting to see other ideas that might be better than what I have.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
I would say try industrial strength Velcro, or get a windshield mount for it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i say get the dash or windshield...

if there was room where the cup holders and such is i would say mount it there.. thats where my mom has it in her explorer.. you cant see it if you look in the windows...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ive got an 08 cobalt, came with xm :) but i would suggest a vent set up cause the dash is a little bit too long to have a window mount work well cause you would be reaching far to chang the station but hope all work for you

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
industrial velco will not work as won't stay attached to dash (tried it). And a windshield mount just looks tacky and the vent mount worked good but in the Nevada heat, needed all the air conditioning I could use and blocking a vent was not helping and theis winter, don't want to overheat the unit with my heater.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a window mount kit. I mounted it on the left bottom (almost on the dash) right in front of my seat. It's a tad far to grab constantly, but I use the remote so it's all good. I also put my antenna on the far right of my dash with double sided tape....no reception issues! And the best part with these 2 spots is...............no wires! I F#&^%N' HATE wires! So they're easy to hide from there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.