Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G5 2.2L
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 G5 that is totally stock. It now has 140,000 miles on it and has just started making a slapping, clicking or ticking sound (depending on speed) emanating from the driver's side wheel well area. It doesn't affect the drivability at all but is alarming to hear.
I have checked to see if anything was stuck in any bottom turning parts but haven't found anything. Does any one have an idea about what I should look for and in what order?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Engine noise or chassis/tire noise.
Too many things it could be.
Can you safely jack up the wheel with the proper tools and turn the wheel by hand?

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G5 2.2L
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Engine noise or chassis/tire noise.
Too many things it could be.
Can you safely jack up the wheel with the proper tools and turn the wheel by hand?
Thanks for trying to help! I've determined that it's the driver side CV axle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
you can get Axle sets fairly cheap through parts geek and a few other sites, while you are down there, better check things like control arms, end links, wheel bearing and knuckle health, and Strut/Spring wear. when i replaced my axles, i used that opportunity to replace all the other things down there and install coilovers - just figured I would throw a few ideas your way while your are making that repair :cool:

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G5 2.2L
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your thoughts! I was looking at other opportunities and I will be replacing the strut assy's at the same time. :giggle:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts