Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ya i was messing around in a parking {being stupid} lot after geating a shocket i needed for my contour build yes i said contour anyways i hit the bolt in one of thoughs concret parking stopers or whatever and it cut a hole in my transsmission pan, it dented in maybe a 1/2in or less with a 1in and a half long gash or so but what i wanted to know is there anything there the possible could be damaged?

i dont feel like taking it off yet for 3 reasons its cold, snowing, and the new pan wont be here for 5 days

thats what its looked like a half mile down the road a line of car blood lol

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Well...there's trans fluid. And if you're driving the car on low or no trans fluid, you can say goodbye to your trans. Probably could've messed up the oil pan, or suspension components too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
lol and ya i know that one i just dont know how these car are set up yet if anything was drectly under the pan that could have gotten screwd up along with it and suspension is fine my tires went to either side of it so that fine and i dont see any oil yet so hopfuly im good there plus i have that plastic guard over the oil pan also so it looks like its just the trans pan and now its sitng like all my other cars =,[

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.