Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a suggestion into the suggestions area about having a projects area. The projects area would be only threads of step by step car projects. We have one in the S10forum.com website and it works awesome you get to see a ton of pics (which is great for the mechanically challenged or shy modders) also it gives people new ideas and allows people to see the transformation of your car. I will start since I have a ton of pics after only 3 days of having the cobalt

2008 Cobalt Sport coupe 2.4L purchased with +/- 30k miles

Dealer pics:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First things first with the new Slobalt. I had to get rid of that stupid frickin pinstripe, apparently the dealerships trademark was to pinstripe everything, my roommate got his silverado there and he had to take one off too someone didn't tell them that pinstriping stopped in the 80's! Then I am de-badging the whole car.

pics:

Then De-badged:

Many many more pics to come! I have some painting to do this weekend! Its gonna be sick!

·
Registered
610 Posts
awesome start :)

i like the idea of a project section...i could use one :lol:
agreed. i like the clean white look btw. i always wanted to see a white cobalt with silver wheels with white accents :blink1:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just use duplicolor caliper paint.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I also started on my engine cover... seeing as I don't have anything fancy under the hood yet, I just assume make everything look clean as hell. While doing this I discovered that I really need to get an aftermarket CAI so I can get rid of the intake shroud and have one less thing to paint and sand a billion times.

It got too dark for more pics but more will be coming soon. I put another white coat on and then hit it with some 320 grit to take the rigidness away and then after that hit it with some 1000 grit. I am going to repeat this process as much as I have to. I used "universal white" high heat engine enamel, supposedly good up to 500 degrees :) haha we'll see.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I would just do away wth the engine cover and polish the valve cover for a nce shne and dress up look rather than havng that bulky up-appealng cover.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
On friday the 11th of july I had some time on my hands and a paycheck :) so I went for some performance.... I spent about 80$ at O'Reillys and got myself everything I need to make an intake! It works frickin amazing, I have already found more power and better MPG's plus when you romp on it, you get a great sucking noise, so it must be working right?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.