Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
figure ill make this my build thread....if it needs moved to another section lemme know.

Day 1

5% tint all around

Starting on the tails...

starting on the headlghts...

finished product....

bumper is coming off and going to paint this week, should have it back on friday, SS/SC wheels are finally in my garage, gonna try to get those painted this week and on the car....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, and yea its getting the evo mod, kinda...it'll be different then what most do....and the circle on my tails is off, i couldnt get the tint to stick for shit, its all bubbled and looks like hell, so im ordering new lights soon or I may just wait and get the g5 cf trunk.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Some of us don't have the means to mix clear with black for tinted tails. We use the VHT Nite Shades.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got the bumper off today and took it to paint, heres pics of teardown...

test fit

close, dunno if it'll work without a spacer tho

doin work

gotta roll like this for a few days :(

before....we'll see the difference hopefully sunday

so the bumper is at paint now, maybe ordering a HAHN intake in the morning, then painting my SS/SC wheels black face with chrome lip/inside of spokes and throwing those on....

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
looking good, its been sooo humid recently there no way to nightshade anything here...you can get lacquer thinner and the nightshade scrubs off, no need to get new lights, ive done mine 3-4 times . . . to get it right though you have to spray the nightshade in such thin coats, im talking like 8 or so to get the tails black...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks man ill give it a try this weekend see what happens...im gonna see if i can find perfect circle stickers that are the size of the reverse light make taping on a piece of cake. if you want to roll down to kanawha city tonight we're gonna head down there and hang out for awhile.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
thanks man ill give it a try this weekend see what happens...im gonna see if i can find perfect circle stickers that are the size of the reverse light make taping on a piece of cake. if you want to roll down to kanawha city tonight we're gonna head down there and hang out for awhile.
yeah, where abouts? I'll get Justin to come too...the best trick for the reverse tails....(did it to mine and Justins) is to tape the whole light face up, take the bulb out, we then took my trouble light and shined light up through the face, it goes through the tape(masking) and you can see the difference in the coloration, from there use a razor blade to cut the undesired tape off...and also, take those things out next time, your coats will be so much nicer...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
they were out lol, and i did the tape trick, look at my pics, the problem i had was with the vht sticking. have justin text me ill meet up with you guys later and we'll head down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.