Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New to the forum so please forgive if this has been posted before. I searched but couldn't find anything.

I have a 2008 Cobalt Sport coupe with just shy of 140k miles that I bought in December. It had 110k at the time (yeah, I know, I put a lot of miles on in a short time).

Frequently my power steering feels like it fails, without any alerts. It seems to be worse when trying to reverse. The power steering was replaced/repaired under the recall in 2012.

Last night when I pulled into my parking spot the steering got heavy and a "Service Airbag" warning came up.

Think these might be related? I have about 6k left on my service package so any repair will be at most $100.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Try the stuff that doesn't cost anything first, I imagine your car is a manual. Try re-seating the 2 blue/gray connectors on the BCM . Then come back to us. Also check the ground on the inside of the driver's side strut tower just behind the underhood fuse block.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try the stuff that doesn't cost anything first, I imagine your car is a manual. Try re-seating the 2 blue/gray connectors on the BCM . Then come back to us. Also check the ground on the inside of the driver's side strut tower just behind the underhood fuse block.
Thanks, I'll check that out. It's an automatic.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Might not be the blue/grey connectors then because you'd get hard shift also. There might also be a ground under the dash to check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.