Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Driving today I noticed I couldn't really get on it. Pedal to the floor and the car was sluggish. I tried driving the car in low gear 1 and 2 (automatic) and the same result it was sluggish. My throttle body has recently been cleaned within the last two weeks. Every now and then the car does thud when I shift into gears. Any idea what my issue may be?

UPDATE
It feels like I'm driving with 87 octane vs my normal 93 octane I get for my Trifecta tune.

05 Chevy cobalt 2.2L base automatic

·
Registered
26 Posts
Depending on ur DIY comfort pull the fuel rail n look at fuel injectors. at 28,000 miles mine were visibly dirty. Then try some fuel system cleaneer like Berrymans. takes less than 1 hour n Berrymans is $5 at pep boys. or if u got a lot of money spend $200 n replace all 4 injectors n O-Rings. Also when have u changed the tranny fluid last?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never changed the tranny fluid. It's at 91,000 mi and bought the car with 62,000 two years ago. I use fuel system cleaner pretty often every 10 tanks or so

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would try changing tranny fluid. Haynes manual recomends every2 yrs or 24,000 miles. Based off the car not moving forwards when releasing brake pedal n in gear. I changed the tranny fluid in my 99 camaro at 63,000 n the amount of crap in the pan was terrible! Ur cobalt is similar just smaller pan. costs $50 at most for fluid,gasket,filter n rtv. just have an accurate tourque wrench for re install. if bolts r too tight it leaks or too loose. Just get a jack,jack stands, n set aside a few hours.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's at the shop now diagnosing the problem

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Fluid level is fine. Mechanic referred me to go to a tranny shop around the corner Sigh

·
Registered
26 Posts
That sucks. I personally would rather slam my dick in the door than go to the shop. let alone 2! Good luck gettn ur balt back to normal.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hooked it up to snap on scanner. Two codes. 1-2 solenoid says performance issue and transmission pressure gear something something. Mechanic said they'll drain the pan, replace the filter and fluid and move the frame to access the side cover to look at solenoids.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.