Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After running the , when I stop at a red light , my car seems like it's about to stall but then corrects itself. Don't know what it can be. Haven't change the plugs and I have 57,000miles on it. What else u think it can be. It doesn't happen when I put in park tho. Only when the brakes are applied

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
866 Posts
I actually had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I was slowing down and when i let off the brake to apply the gas again it felt as if it was going to die but then when i hit the gas it was fine.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Was this immediately after putting gas in a near empty tank? That's the only time mine studders

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I had the same problem, I took my MAF out, cleaned it, cleaned my k&n, new plugs and it still does it, ran it to advance so they could check my OBD-2 and it said its the upflow O2 sensor on my DP..so its coming out and getting cleaned up...we'l see.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
that could be it toooo...my throttle sticks a little bit every once in a while...what do you clean it with? brake cleaner.?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Take the TB off, put a rag in the intake manifold hole to keep crap out, and clean the tb up real good... You will notice a HUGE difference afterwards. I had that issue at about the same mileage as you did cesar, I took mine off and noticed at least a 1/16" -1/8" of carbon soot built up on the tb. And where the blade sat was a lip of carbon... I cleaned it up, and after a week of a weird high idle and slow down idle response it worked itself out. Maybe If I took the battery cables off the battery it would have been more of an immediate change.

I'd look at your throttle body first before anything else. the plugs are supposed to be 100k plugs. But your tb does need a bi yearly cleaning...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.