Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am plaing on getting a smaller pully wth in the nxt month. depending on the price. i was thinking about the 2.9, what do u guys think i should get and where at? (how much)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do u have the stage 2 kit? If so where did u get urs and how much did u pay. Back awhile ago I was reading about the kits and isn't it if I got the stage 3 id have to deleate my ac and run 100% oct? And stage 2 I just have to run high oct

·
Registered
869 Posts
No I'm 2.4. I don't know about "stage 3" but you shouldn't have to run any higher octane on stage 2 than what your car is recommended for anyway (91).

·
Say What again!
6,398 Posts
I'm running a 2.9" pulley with the stage 2 (well, they're 42 lb/hr Lucas injectors), and I get enough fuel.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
I would just go with a stage II belt, 2.85" pulley, and 60# injectors... that will give you good gains after a nice tune, try to focus on some cooling mods to as you get up there in mods. If you just do the stage II then you won't really need much cooling mods at this time.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anybuddy no of a good webpage I can buy the pullys and injectors? I think I am on stock injectors, is it hard to change em?

·
Say What again!
6,398 Posts
No, it's not hard to change the stock injectors...or it shouldn't be.

I did mine before I put the intake/sc on.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I would just go with a stage II belt, 2.85" pulley, and 60# injectors... that will give you good gains after a nice tune, try to focus on some cooling mods to as you get up there in mods. If you just do the stage II then you won't really need much cooling mods at this time.
x1000.... start lookng into that heat exchanger they have

·
Say What again!
6,398 Posts
Absolutely - start looking for an aftermarket heat exchanger.

I'm right on the limits of my Cobra, but it's the only thing that fits behind the stock bumper, I believe - keeping my sleeper look to a maximum.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Yeaaa and i love you sleeper look on that 2.2.

·
Say What again!
6,398 Posts
It's sneaky sneaky...definitely surprises people...

...like the guy in the Porsche Boxster that I beat (with two adults in my car to boot) - he had that "WTF?!?" look on his face...

...or the G35 that I went dead even with until I started pulling away at 70...

...or that fifth gen camaro today...that I didn't beat, but definitely surprised. Haha.

I always say "I might not win - but I'm not going to lose by what you thought I would"

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
It's sneaky sneaky...definitely surprises people...

...like the guy in the Porsche Boxster that I beat (with two adults in my car to boot) - he had that "WTF?!?" look on his face...

...or the G35 that I went dead even with until I started pulling away at 70...

...or that fifth gen camaro today...that I didn't beat, but definitely surprised. Haha.

I always say "I might not win - but I'm not going to lose by what you thought I would"
hahahaha i like that last line. Good man

·
Registered
575 Posts
Absolutely - start looking for an aftermarket heat exchanger.

I'm right on the limits of my Cobra, but it's the only thing that fits behind the stock bumper, I believe - keeping my sleeper look to a maximum.

Did you have to fab up any brackets or anything for that h/e?

·
Say What again!
6,398 Posts
It came with Bwoody brackets.

This is how it mounted (I later flipped the H/E around - bottom pic, but it's still mounted this way)

·
Say What again!
6,398 Posts
Oh absolutely. You have to drill a couple holes in the crash bar to mount the heat exchanger to it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.