Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*MINI UPDATE PAGE 3*SNEAK PEAK: Door panel progress

hey everyone

ive finally found some time to start doing the rest of my interior! i removed my passenger side door panel and stripped it. everything from the door insert the door handle even the little cubbie on the bottom... and today i started painting. not done yet but i felt like updating the progress since its been forever and a day since my last post! again im not finished yet so be gentle with the critisizims haha

Here I started with a white base

after the base dried i taped off the top layer for the second color (just so everyone knows taping a straight line on a textured plastic makes for a good time heh) then applied my black top color

well folks, there you have it. sorry for the crappy cell pics but ill have better pics when its all done and installed! so be ready for those! hope everyone liked my door panels i look forward to the finished product!!! thanks again for looking!!!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
looks like it turned out well. personally I would do a color not so close to stock but still looks better than before

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heh trust me its way different than stock heh its super bright white lol the pics dont do it justice lol but thanks!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i wasnt going to use hot glue... i have nice strong plastic adhesives (i work at a body shop) so it will hold nice

thanks everyone who checked this out!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
for now my cobalt is black but hopefully sometime next year ill be changing that

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well im FOR SURE going to white but im not sure what exaclty im tossing ideas around but right now im trying to do one project at a time interior first then suspension then lighting then last exterior... the very last thing is paint ... the most involved massive project is my interior which is coming along well but even though the "look" is almost done... theres still so many more things to do between audio and seats and things like that... hope its all worth it in the end... so far so good...

·
Registered
618 Posts
well im FOR SURE going to white but im not sure what exaclty im tossing ideas around but right now im trying to do one project at a time interior first then suspension then lighting then last exterior... the very last thing is paint ... the most involved massive project is my interior which is coming along well but even though the "look" is almost done... theres still so many more things to do between audio and seats and things like that... hope its all worth it in the end... so far so good...
Kill I bet you'd love to trade me balts huh? :nuts:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea money has been tight and i was out of paint heh.. so i finally got my paint in and got going been sooooper busy at work so free time is limited... this weekend ill be doing my door inserts tomorrow hope to get the door handle and cubbie painted so that next week i can put it all together and install...then...on to the other door haha

very demanding project! but given time and ALOT of patience ... its coming along quite well!!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha oh yea i LOVE white anything heh i wanted my balt to be white but when i went to the dealer i could chose black or red and i damn sure wasnt getting red (no offense to red balt owners just not for me) so i got the black... i love black as well but for a car eh... in my field i know what it takes and i just cant give it the amount of attention it needs i need something that will at least appear to be clean for longer than an hour and of course there is the obvious....

white kicks ass haha

thanks for checkin it out!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea i know what you meant heh ive been dying to just anticipating the end but just the way i am... i have to take my time and nit pick everything... im a perfectionist its a curse and a blessing but its me ha

im glad to see the change of heart i remember when i first painted my trim not many people liked my direction and were hesitant to like it but now i think everyone can see where im going and has a better idea of what it is i was thinking !

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
heh believe me its not always a good thing... painting for me is just fun and basically i like it cause its a challenge! anyone can slap some spray bomb on but to make it really nice and unique is the kick i get....

heh my door panel was nerve racking just cause i was so nervous trying to get that straight line across on the textured plastic... i know older model door panels have the slit in it so its a piece of cake to tape but mine are single molded pieces so i feel like i accomplished something great heh it was my biggest fear tackeling the doors but now that i see i can do it the next one ill rest alittle easier haha

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.