Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i used the in tank seafoam did about 1oz per gallon like it says, i dont see much change yet? and now my check engine light when on. i know the CAI can make it go off but it never has before, i tested it it says MAF sensor which means the intake.... anyone have any other problems after using it??

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've used it many times in many different vehicles (three teenagers in my household) and have never had a vehicle throw a code immediately thereafter, although I've seen posts from folks who claim that happened. I guess I could see a scenario where that happened if your vehicle was heavily carboned.....

Usually I just run it through the gas tank, but I have fed it through the vacumn hoses too (kinda fun to see the white cloud when you start it up if vehicle is heavily carboned).

A can in the gas tank a couple of times per year and I've never had to have an "injector flush" or whatever JiffyLube calls it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've used it once, never had a problem. Although I really didn't notice any improvements either. I'm trying a similar product on my current take of gas from Lucas oil, called Deep Clean I believe. We'll see if this does anything special. Just put it in today.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I dumped a can in my gas tank tonight and drove for about 20 miles to get it mixed up good. Going to do the crankcase tomorrow.

Will let you all know what I think by Sat or Sun at the latest.

·
Registered
69 Posts
UPDATE - So I Seafoam-ed the engine today. I put 6 oz in the Crank and drove for 100 miles. Changed the oil, which was only 1800 miles old and somewhat clean. Once we removed the drain plug, it was just dark as hell, with a sludge like appearance.

The oil filter was pretty nasty as well.. There is about a half a tank of the seafoam-ed fuel left in the tank which should run out by tomorrow with the remaining errands I have to do.

I am going to put the remaining 10 oz of seafoam in the crank again in about 1500 miles and see if anything else cleans out.

Not comfortable with doing the vacuum hose bit yet, but I will soon.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I prefer using the seafoam spray when putting it into the vacuum hose. I slide the straw into the vacuum line and then just reconnect the hose and spray it while someone else holds the idles up at like 2500rpm. That way the engine doesnt struggle by just having a disconnected hose. The only problem is you cant really be positive how much youve sprayed in, so you just have to do your best. Ive never had an issue the couple of times ive done it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.