Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
before a run in with a raccoon the temperature ran pretty consistent in the mid to upper 170's. now it has a new radiator and coolant and it runs around 190 and acts normal by every thread i have read on here. honestly before the leak the temperature wasn't watched nearly as close as it has been the last week, but often enough to know it is definitely running warmer than it was. does anybody have any clue or explanation why? with what i have read, i am less worried about the new temperature range and more so that it changed and i have no clue why.

sorry, it's a 2008 cobalt LT special edition. automatic

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
It has a 192°F thermostat and should run close to that. You must be imagining the previous 170°F because it would have set a code at that temperature.

P0128 Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature

Normal is 89°C (192°F).

Here are the specifications.
The ECM commands Low Speed Fans ON under the following conditions:

• Engine coolant temperature (ECT) exceeds approximately 106°C (223°F).

• A/C refrigerant pressure exceeds 1 310 kPa (190 psi).

• After the vehicle is shut off, the ECT at key-off is greater than 140°C (284°F) and system voltage is more than 12 volts. The fans will stay on for approximately 3 minutes.

The ECM commands High Speed Fans ON under the following conditions:

• ECT reaches 110°C (230°F).

• A/C refrigerant pressure exceeds 1 655 kPa (240 psi).

• When certain DTCs set

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. it is very possible it wasn't warmed up all the way when i looked at the temp before. at least that seems to be the most likely thing at this point. i must be fairly consistent in my scrolling though, i know it showed the 170's more than once. did i mention that i prefer gauges anyways?lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.