Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pissed. Passenger side front tire literallly SNAPPED off all four lug axels. Clean off. Car sunk so low it snapped the fender and shoved it above the winsheild, tearing it. Not to mention the car was sitting of the brakedisc/hub asembely. and the guy that came to tow it made my cobalt so much worse hes paying for a new bumper out of pocket. Im told i wont have my cobalt for 2 and a half weeks!

man i miss my cobalt:sad:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thankfully i had turned into my driveway. i had been driving all day even on the thruway. and by some crazy luck nothing snapped untill i got home. Yes normal driving maybe like 5mph. Its crazy there were no warning signs all day. And the dealership got out of the warranty saying they were put on to tight. but i know for a fact they werent. The only thing that stopped me from completly snapping was knowing it happened at home not on a highway haha.. i woulda flipped shit

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aftermarket wheels and probably about a month ago. they just today agreed to go like half with the insurance and pay for the other half. i told em i had an actual gm expert in the family and a lawyer and that id bring them next weds haha. (i dont have either of those in my fam btw)

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Did you do the post wheel install retorque? If so sounds like someone may have tried to steall the rims, and got scared and left after busting the torque on the rims.

·
Registered
611 Posts
who put the rims on last? were they torqued?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.