Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here are the results from my encounter with nite shades. im not sure it i like it or not. pretty dark, and kinda seem uneven.(but as with all nite shade pics, its not as bad as it looks.) i know the 3rd is darker, im not worried about that since its not a legallity thing. the sides are just as dark as the 3rd.
what do you all think? im torn i love it, but not sure at the same time.

two after thoughts...my car looks like it has a fat ass huh?:laugh:
and i guess im gonna have to break down and tint my windows also...?

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks good. I wuld have gone with a lighter coat though just cause you have such a bright color (yellow). I like it hough. Gives it some appeal.
yeah, i was aiming for lighter. but the sh1t dries so dark.
and i REALLY hate painting. id rather tint my windows to make up for it.:laugh:
thanks....:)

·
Registered
455 Posts
i like it. i kind of like the contrast between your super bright yellow and the dark tail lights.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
good, you wont have problems with the cops for it main are way darker than your and I havent been pulled over for this and yes I had cop behind me during day and night time.

LOOKS GOOD

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
They look great man! IMO just dark enough! Although I think you shouls spend a little more time to shine them up. Just sand them down a bit with some like 1000-1500 grit and hit them with a pretty good coat of clear. they will shine right up, plus that should lighten them just a little bit. But IMO the color is darkness is perfect!

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
They look great man! IMO just dark enough! Although I think you shouls spend a little more time to shine them up. Just sand them down a bit with some like 1000-1500 grit and hit them with a pretty good coat of clear. they will shine right up, plus that should lighten them just a little bit. But IMO the color is darkness is perfect!
Yes.

When using clear coat, spray llike 5 inches away.
I had the problem of spraying like a foot away and it would dry all cloudy and faded looking.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Yep, what OBZ & G said... I like the bright yellow w/ the black tails... and yes, CC08 has a point too, the vette mod would look so FTW! My tails are blacked out w/ actual primer & paint, so nothing shines thru except for the parts I havent painted (duh...HAHAHA) or I'd do the vette mod....hmmm... Anywho, i just got my backglass tinted too, looks sooo much better, and yours would look sweet too! I just did the back for now, it would have been $169 for JUST the doors & backglass (i had a friend do the back 2 & tintstrip)... so i paid $100 for just backglass for now, doing doors myself. But yes, that shade of dark-ness is just right, shine them up & it'll be sexay! :-D

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
looks good scag! but...what is this vette mod?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
looks good scag! but...what is this vette mod?
idk if there is a how-to here or not, but there is one on another forum, i cant remember for sure... its where you take apart your reverse lights & install a set of LEDs and wire them up to where those will light up red along w/ ur regular break lights, so you'll have 4 taillights instead of just the 2. I'm seriously thinkin about buying another set of taillights & doing this... i had forgotten about it until now... LOL...

·
Registered
142 Posts
It looks good it does dry dark as hell i only put two coats on mine and they are BLACK... I don't like the muffed look to them though put a few more coats of clear on them... it will gloss them up ALOT and will look totally different... thats what i did... I did 2 coats of NS and 4 coats of clear they are like Black Glass Now

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.