Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fond a 2001 ford f-150 harley davidson edition for sale for 5k. 500hp supercarged extended cab. Do youthink its worth it? Or is driving a truck 15 miles going to kill me?

what do you guys think? Driving a truck is expensive but this really is my dream car, aside from a z06 vette there is nothing i want more then a harley f-150.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
There will always be cars/trucks we'd like to own -- but are they really right for you now? What car/truck you own is your decision...none of us know you or your status so we can't really give you that type of advice.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i guess i was jsut looking for more of a whould you guys do it.

looking for some pros and cons of owning a truck.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Look at it this way then...it's an 8 year old truck! I doubt it has been "babied" -- can you do the repairs it might need?

If you're a mechanic, and can do your own repairs and you just couldn't live without it -- that would be a plus.

If you're not a mechanic but are wealthy enough to pay a mechanic to do the repairs and you just couldn't live without it -- that would be a plus too.

If you don't fit the 2 scenarios above then just dream about it...LOL!!!!

·
Registered
703 Posts
I'm thinking of selling my Cobalt also. The car just rides like ass, horrible over bumps, steering always seems to want to pull left, just unconfortable.
I dont know if its just my car that feels this way, the dealer has replaced the intermediate shaft and steering column, but says the struts/shocks are fine, etc.
I dont hear anyone complaining about the ride of their car so maybe its a fluke?

Thinking about getting a 2007 Focus (cant stand the design of the current model) or Fusion. I thought about trading up to a newer 2008 Cobalt but I dont want the same issues.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
No reason to keep a car you're not happy with. Seems like you got a "Monday" or "Friday" built car...my Cobalt is a "joy" to drive..LoL!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Pros of owning a truck: room to haul stuff

cons: 4 dollar gas will be back, sooner rather then later.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ats the only thing stopping me from doing it... the gas. I knwoit will eventually go back up.

i just want a project car/truck. i wish i could keep the balt and the truck. but moneys tight. gotta choose 1 or the other. i think im keeping the balt for now. =\

·
Registered
319 Posts
I wouldnt go back to a truck right now... I just got rid of a 99 ford ranger it got 22 mpg at best but I wouldnt go back right now. Its not worth it IMO

·
Registered
102 Posts
I say if its your dream car or truck get it. I sold my balt to get my dream car. which I dont have yet but all the money I was paying on the balt is now in the bank so I can save up for my dream car.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Thinking about trading in my 2006 Balt for a 2008.
Mine is an LT Sedan loaded with ABS, Cruise Control, 16 inch tires with nice wheels, spoiler, 43,000 miles.
Trade in would be a 2008 LT Sedan with 15 inch tires, no cruise control, not sure about ABS, 24,000 miles.

If I could do this for my car plus $1500 would it be worth it?
Does the Cobalt ride smoother with the 15 inch tires rather than the 16's? My car rides like ass.

The big kicker for me is the ABS. I can live without the cruise control. It would ne nice having the warranty back plus I'd get an extended to extend the bumper to bumper.
Any opinions?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.