Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to thank Coby and everyone else who helped with my Cobalt. Ive had it less than a month and its become a money pit before I've even got to enjoy it. Taking a hit on my finances since im upside down on my loan and going to trade it in for an 06 Eclipse. God forbid if I ever have to own one of these again. Fun car when it works... which is almost never. GM should be ashamed for letting such a s**t car leave the factory. Good luck to you all and again, thank you.

PS. 06 Cobalt for 6k if anyone wants it before I trade it tomorrow lmao

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
GM has nothing to be ashamed of, the car is lemon, they are out there with any car. I abused my 07 SS for 45k miles of the 46k and not a single issue till I decided to sell do to hard times and got what I wanted for it, far as I know its running like a champ with the new owner. Many others as well. Sorry you had a hard time with it. Plus you are talking a 7 yr old car, problems are going to arise especially if you are not the first owner. Lord knows if the previous owner took care of it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
yeah that would be a classic case of a lemon. my 07 just hit 95k, 25k that my wife put on. and she drives like a bat out of hell. Other than a few things i have had absolutely zero problems. *knock on wood. sorry for your bad luck

·
Registered
106 Posts
More then likely what happened is someone didnt realize that the battery was in the trunk, and someone tried to jump start another car from the diagnostic terminals under the hood. There have been several documented cases of your exact problem from jumper cables at that positive terminal arcing to the trans computer right next to it which ISNT grounded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.