Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently fell into some disposable income, say, around the range of 2,000 dollars. I don't know where to start. What should I do. Mind you I've only done a shitty Spectre Short Ram Intake as far as mods. First things firstm replace that crap, but then what?

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
If I had some spare cash...I'd be looking for a Trifecta Tune! After that, tinted windows and then projector headlights with HIDs all around!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Injen CAI-250
Vibrant header/downpipe-600
Tsudo cat back-260
Eibach sway bars-300
DC Sports strut bar-125
Trifecta tune-250

Total-1785

That should give you plenty of powering and handling plus leave you with some cash to get your windows tinted

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
get fully bolted on before you get tuned.
Agreed, then you will have to get another tune after all performance mods are complete.

Start with a new factory made intake, then start on exhaust. I would not spend all of it, keep a bit in reserve for emergencies.

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
B&M shift Plus: $45.00
Tsudo Cat back: $250.00
Injen CAI: $250
Vibrant header and down pipe: $600
Tune: $250.00

SS/TC FE5 23mm Swaybar 08-10 Cobalt: Part # 15782696
2005 SS/SC Cobalt FE5 24mm Swaybar Insulator w/o ridge: Part # 22700091
Cobalt SS/TC FE5 Strut and Shock Package: Part # FE5-S (from CED)
All for: $415.00

OTT hardcore Bar: $240.00

Total: $2050.00

With all this you will have a Baltcart.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Injen CAI-250
Vibrant header/downpipe-600
Tsudo cat back-260
Eibach sway bars-300
DC Sports strut bar-125
Trifecta tune-250

Total-1785

That should give you plenty of powering and handling plus leave you with some cash to get your windows tinted
^This.^ Minus the Tsudo exhaust...Not a fan. More than likely save a tad bit more and score a Borla or DC Sports Catback.

If you're very good at planning and piecing it together, you could supercharge your car for under that.

ZZP has a "take off" kit: Cobalt & Ion ---> ZZ Performance
I haven't looked into it yet but F/I was an idea proposed by a friend of mine with an LS, just not the S/C route. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I'm not exactly sure how the rods on the LAP are, but if they're anything like the L61, you will want to watch the amount of power you're pushing if you go the turbo route.

If they're forged like the LE5 was, then have at it.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
If you're very good at planning and piecing it together, you could supercharge your car for under that.

ZZP has a "take off" kit: Cobalt & Ion ---> ZZ Performance
hmmm you know this is very interesting...the numerous times I've been on their site i've NEVER seen this..and only $1100...what I would be interested to see is what else would I need besides this kit (even bolts etc) to supercharge my LAP??? :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not exactly sure how the rods on the LAP are, but if they're anything like the L61, you will want to watch the amount of power you're pushing if you go the turbo route.

If they're forged like the LE5 was, then have at it.
Yeah...Problem I just realized...Bolt-Ons would prolly come first if I were to T/C it or I could just piece a kit together properly and include them in it. Prolly have to do some more saving for that but it'd definitely be worth it.

I'll have to look into the stock rods cause I'm not entirely sure if they are or not....Anyone out there know for sure?

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
If you are going to save up to buy a Borla, just buy the GMPP, it is cheaper, looks and is made identical because it is a Borla. I agree with not liking the Tsudo, I was just trying to fit a full package within the 2 grand. Personally I have heard a few and I would not put that exhaust on my car if someone paid me, especially on an auto. Going thru the auto tranny it sound like, Turdddd, tuururdddd, tututurrrddddd, turrrrrrrrddddddshit.

I would not waste money on the strut tower bar, save that money.

It say you have an auto in a previous post. Most people will say the B&M shift plus is the best bang for the buck mod for an auto cobalt.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
dumb question, thats applicable for my 2.2 lt? ive been seriously considering gathering s/c pieces, is this a good start? looks like most of the major parts..
Yeah. The SS/SC stuff will fit the L61. Some sensors and the TB will require some customization.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you are going to save up to buy a Borla, just buy the GMPP, it is cheaper, looks and is made identical because it is a Borla. I agree with not liking the Tsudo, I was just trying to fit a full package within the 2 grand. Personally I have heard a few and I would not put that exhaust on my car if someone paid me, especially on an auto. Going thru the auto tranny it sound like, Turdddd, tuururdddd, tututurrrddddd, turrrrrrrrddddddshit.

I would not waste money on the strut tower bar, save that money.

It say you have an auto in a previous post. Most people will say the B&M shift plus is the best bang for the buck mod for an auto cobalt.
Guy with an LS on my base has a Tsudo and it looks and sounds like garbage. All I have is a Spectre intake and sounds pretty decent with that alone. Definitely trashing the Spectre for something of more quality. As far as the B&M Shift Plus...Never heard of it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't be bashin the tsudo... It sucks but it's affordable :)
Very true. I've searched and searched for a comprehensive guide for turbocharging the LAP, but I can't find a decent one anywhere. Any help? Cause I'm mechanically inclined but I'm not gonna risk f***ing up something so serious.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Very true. I've searched and searched for a comprehensive guide for turbocharging the LAP, but I can't find a decent one anywhere. Any help? Cause I'm mechanically inclined but I'm not gonna risk f***ing up something so serious.
Physically, it should be the same as the L61 and LE5 for mounting, headers...etc.

The primary issue is determining if you'll need to upgrade the rods to build the car beyond 250hp. EcotecForum isn't well organized, so I can't find anything for the 2.2L's that are not the L61.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Ok, so far here is what I've gotten. Images provided by Google Images so they aren't mine. I'll throw some from mine later on.

Eibach Rear Sway Bar Kit

Before I get these, I'm sending them straight to someone to get professionally smoked. No cheap Niteshades job for me.

This is Next month:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.