Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought maybe I can find an entire list of all the socket sizes the Cobalt uses, but I'm not finding such thing. I have been going through the sizes I've used before. I noticed I had some standard size wrenches I have used to cheat since I didn't have the metric size available. I'm asking because I'm putting together a tool kit to keep in my car that has ONLY the sizes I need. I don't want to carry tools I don't need. So far, I have 14, 15, 18, 19, 21, and 30. If anybody can add to that list, I'll be sure to put it on my shopping list.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Definitely a 32 mm shallow socket for oil filter cap. I believe 17mm is also a common size brake calipers for instance.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah. Forgot to mention that. Yup, I do have that. I have the 1 1/4 inch size, but that works too. Also, 5/8" spark plug socket.

·
Registered
136 Posts
10,12,14,15mm's
I think I have ran across needing a 21/22mm a few times

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Definitely a 32 mm shallow socket for oil filter cap. I believe 17mm is also a common size brake calipers for instance.
Brake Caliper bracket to spindle is 15mm, and the caliper to the bracket is a 13 or 14mm. Lower strut nuts are 18mm. Lug nuts are 19mm. Axle nut is 30mm.

Honestly - a nice complete set of shallow and deep metric sockets from 10mm-19mm would be useful, along with the larger sizes suggested: 30 and 32mm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.