Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my car back finally from the dealer they fixed the 3rd-4th gear grind. But now my clutch pedal is softer, and I don't feel the hooking up on the clutch anymore. (which is bad cause now I tend to over rev) What should I do??

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
haha, i had that same damned issue, give your clutch a few weeks, and it'll be gone like everything else

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok hope so! It's annoying! I keep over revving like crazy cause it don't have that grab feel anymore

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Ok hope so! It's annoying! I keep over revving like crazy cause it don't have that grab feel anymore
yeah, expect to shell out quite a bit for a replacement too! i forked over more than $500 CDN for a factory replacement, cause when i went looking for a race clutch for my car, it wasnt out yet :(

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why? I found out it just needs to be rebled.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maybe they didnt do it enough

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
i call BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cause mine wasnt the lack of pumping, when i got my balt back, there was way more slip on it than normal, two weeks later, it totally gave out. when i got it taken apart, the disc was fried, like when they went to test drive it, they abused the clutch disc

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no infact the brakes are better than they used to be

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I brought the balt to the dealer hopefully they fix it

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok it was fixed! =)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Your flywheel probably has surface rust on it, depending how long the car has been sitting for. "Over-revving" is not the clutch, it's the driver. Learn to drive.

When my car had bodywork done it was sitting for over a month, it took a few weeks of driving to get the clutch feel back to normal. I tried ripping on it from a stop, when I shifted to 2nd all I got was clutch slip. This was probably 20 miles after driving after it had been sitting for that long.

Now I can burn all 2nd, and bark 3rd. Just give it time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.