446 Posts
What's it suppose operate/charge?

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Details man... Just wired to charge battery? Output? Cost?

You must not like this mod now that you are done with it, cause you do not seem excited about it...

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
wtfff.!!!

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its not that i'm not excited i'm just expecting hating thats all, it cost maybe $40 for the two panels which I already had. I cut out a section of the spoiler then set the panels in. Then I put a piece of plexiglass that I cut and trimmed it to fit almost perfectly. It wasn't wide enough thought and then I used glue to to seal it in. It's wired to the battery to provide a small charge.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I would not exactly call it R.I.C.E. It's not a Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement. I would call it an experiment.

Did you know the new Aptera Type 1 uses a roof full of solar panels set in the way you did to run the entire environmental system inside the car including the A/C? It's cool because the a/c and heat function all the time if the system is charged meaning on hot ass days you get into a pre cooled down car.

Believe it or not Jared this is cutting edge stuff. Car manufacturers have been dumping tons of money into solar tech. Have you measured the output?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.