Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't posted much of anything about my car here. Did some work on the interior over the summer. Added a new shift knob today so I figured it was time to show off the interior a little.

So far:
Blue led dome, map light and trunk light.
Changed dash trim pieces from silver to black (silver originally).
Painted door switch panel trim black (silver originally).
Blue with lighting shift knob.
Blue led pods under both driver and passenger sides.

I will be changing the silver part on the shift panel to black some day. I might just find one from a junkyard or ebay and switch out my stock one. Painting it is a pain.

Undecided about the door switch panel trim. Don't know if I like the gloss black compared to the rest the black trim. Kinda wanna go blue to match the shift knob.

Anyway. Some pictures for now.

Knob

Console

Door

As for another future project, I really need to fix the door handles. Chrome is pealing off on both sides and is in need of a major fix.
I have two options:
1. Find a set from a junkyard or ebay.
2. Strip the handles I have off all chrome and paint them black. Don't know how the would hold up with it always being touched and pulled on.

Handle

Any suggesting as what to do about the door handles would be great.

Comment and suggestion welcomed.

Thanks.

·
Registered
985 Posts
either strip and paint the handles which is a huge PITA, or find a scrap yard and replace them. Dealership asks $130 per handle FYI, personally I think it should be free as its dangerous and cuts your fingers easily. You listening Chevy??

·
Registered
922 Posts
there is a guy selling the interior door handles for $15 each, check the classifieds. his user name is something like sshcesky or close to that.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Like the blue, meh on the black trim around the door handle looks dull. Door handle problem seems like a lose lose situation, imma dread the day it happens to me

Sent from my PG86100

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Knob I got off from gmpartsdirect through ebay.

I think I might find a replacement set for the door handles. My girlfriend and I have both cut ourselves on the damn things which is why there is a chunk missing on both handles.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I just sucked it up and disassembled the handle assembly and painted. Looks way better IMO. The silver part of the shift shroud is all one piece so good luck replacing it. Just take it all out, tape it off, and paint it some day.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I did white to compliment some other trim pieces. Although I like the look, it can get dirty quick if you dd the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.