Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to replace the engine oil for my Cobalt LS 2008. I noticed that there is something broke under the chassis.
Imgur: pic 1
Imgur: pic 2

It is located at the middle of the front part of the chassis. What is this part for? Is this damage serious so that I should replace it immediately for safety reason? Thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looks like the motor mouth if it's just that piece crack off shouldn't be much of a problem but I would inspect it see if any other part of it is cracked

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
That's the front trans mount. The car has a rear trans mount and an engine mount over on the passenger side - still, it would be wise to replace this as soon as you can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sincerely appreciate to the quick response. Now I have keywords to look for. I will get it replaced as soon as possible. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
When mine broke I couldn't find an aftermarket so I have to buy from GM. If I recall they're roughly $90.

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
There appear to be quite a few on RockAuto.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Like 30 bucks plus shipping from rockauto, and a quick Google search will usually get you a 5% off code, would only be like 1.50 you save but whatever haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.