Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, people. I've recently started my new fish tank. I've always had tanks since i was a little kid, and I decided to get a tank set up. Figured I would start a thread and see if there's other members on with the same interest. Any tips/tricks/ideas you guys have post up. Post up your tanks too!

Tank: 37 gallon (tall) -30" (L) 12 1/4" (W) 22 3/4 (T)

I still have to find a backing that fits this tank.

My Current Stocking:

1 - Leopard puffer fish
1 - Sun Catfish
1 - Md Pleco (Suckerfish/algae eater)
2 - Giant Danios
3 - Cory cats

A few pics

Full shot of my tank:

These are a few pics of my leopard puffer...hes a sneaky little guy and hard to get a good pic of.

These are some shots of my Sun Catish, hes pretty quick too:

My Giant Danios, they hide alot:

And my Pleco (suckerfish) hiding

·
Registered
931 Posts
i used to have a bad ass fish tank when i was a kid... but i hated haveing to clean it...

·
Registered
276 Posts
oooh lemme see if i can dig any up... im excited now lol

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
nice! I had a fish tank til I threw a remote at in in my sleep for some reason lol

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Brings back memories. I use to have a 48 inch high vertical fish tank. It became to big of a pain, I kind of miss it. it provided alot of light though at night. lol I had salt water fish one was a shark but not sure which kind (dont remember). It cost alot though and lived for 3 years.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I kept tanks for a few years. My favorite was my 55 reef. It was a lot of fun, but very time consuming.

You've got a nice tank, just keep an eye on that puffer. Those guys are real ass holes :)

I don't have a tank at the moment, but I plan on starting a small nano once I'm done dropping big cash into my car.

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oooh lemme see if i can dig any up... im excited now lol
post em up buddy

nice! I had a fish tank til I threw a remote at in in my sleep for some reason lol
lol

I kept tanks for a few years. My favorite was my 55 reef. It was a lot of fun, but very time consuming.

You've got a nice tank, just keep an eye on that puffer. Those guys are real ass holes :)

I don't have a tank at the moment, but I plan on starting a small nano once I'm done dropping big cash into my car.
ya i have a chance to get a 55 g but i really dont have the room for it in my apartment. and so far the puffer is bein good. he swims around and keeps to himself...lol

·
Registered
674 Posts
Just a Heads up, I've got a Red tail Shovelnose Cat, He was about 3" when I got him, and just a couple months later and he's 8", and I can't keep anything in the tank that is the same size as him or smaller. He just eats anything he can fit in his mouth and even tries for bigger fish too.

He has already eaten a Dinosaur Bichir, an Armored Bicher, two 4" Bala Sharks, Numerous Goldfish, a Snail, and 3 Algae Eaters.

Your Sun Cat Will Turn Predatory when he gets bigger... Just A Precaution. I know the Cats are Cool to watch, but man they get expensive to feed. I can put (no lie now I'll get pics next feeding) 50 Feeder Gold Fish and they will be gone the next day.

But Man, Nice Tank set up. My girl and I have a 46 Gallon Euro Bow Front with Sand as our fill instead of Gravel. I need to get a pic to show ya'll.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

This is the Tank, Kinda Crappy, I just cleaned the filter and there is some stuff floating around... but you can see it at least, and Check out that Catfish, My girl named him Splinter

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
thats an extremely beautiful setup Steven. that cat is amazing! i think i am gonna get that 55G as my main tank. and keep this 37 as my secondary tank. i wanted to use sand instead of gravel but I have a undergravel filter runnin right now (along with main filter) so sand wouldnt be possible : ( i love those sand setups and i think thats what i will do!

·
Registered
810 Posts
i allways want one of these tanks , but from what i hear its really hard to maintain

·
Registered
821 Posts
isn't the catfish just gonna grow up and eat all the others?

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Omg u guys are making me want one of them soo bad...
IM glad i got back into it! I wish I could have a 6ft tank or something like that. But there is just no room in this apartment. The 55G will be a tight fit as it is.

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Well forget the idea of the Arowana. The tank i have right now is not big enough. Maybe once i get the 55G that will be sufficient, but not now.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Dude, When I was living on my own before this recession, My Girl and I had a 150g Tank. The thing took up most of the living room of the apartment. Right now it's in storage till we have the money and a place to set it up again.

Oh, as for sand... what we have is a multi purpose sand from Home Depot. It is great, but one problem, you can't have a bubble wall or bubbles of any sort or it keeps getting sucked into the filter. We made the mistake of getting the mp sand instead of the playground sand. The Playground sand they sell is a bit larger diameter grain of sand so it wouldn't float.

Aquarium sand cost like $10/lb for some of the stuff, but if you go to the HD you can get Play Sand for only like 2.50 for 50lbs, and the 46g I have has 60lbs of sand in it. I'm thinking of tearing it down and replacing the sand with the play sand.

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dude, When I was living on my own before this recession, My Girl and I had a 150g Tank. The thing took up most of the living room of the apartment. Right now it's in storage till we have the money and a place to set it up again.

Oh, as for sand... what we have is a multi purpose sand from Home Depot. It is great, but one problem, you can't have a bubble wall or bubbles of any sort or it keeps getting sucked into the filter. We made the mistake of getting the mp sand instead of the playground sand. The Playground sand they sell is a bit larger diameter grain of sand so it wouldn't float.

Aquarium sand cost like $10/lb for some of the stuff, but if you go to the HD you can get Play Sand for only like 2.50 for 50lbs, and the 46g I have has 60lbs of sand in it. I'm thinking of tearing it down and replacing the sand with the play sand.
150g OMG i would love to have some thing like that, but like you said...no room...lol. Thanks for the heads up on the sand. I'll look into it once i get the 55g. Im going to have to make a custom stand for the 55g because I am not paying $300 for a stand when i can make one myself. I have the know how and the tools to do it so that will be my little project. Im in no rush to get the 55g up and running so i'll take my time and do it right. Like i said this apartment is kinda small and has wooden floors. So the 55g is pushing it in size and weight on this floor...lol. Good luck redoin your tank!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Nice fishies... this is what my nieces gold fish did to the sucker fish...

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.