Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so on my 07 if im in park and i push my gas to the floor it goes to 3500 rpm then if i let go right away and hit again it goes to 4100.

My friends 09 if he is in park and hits the gas it goes to 5500 rpm then it drops it to 4100.

Can somone with a 07 see if theirs behaves like mine or like my friends 09?

Im thinking it has something to do with another issue but would like some one to confirm this behavior.

·
Registered
720 Posts
It has a rev limiter for 4k. That's what mine goes to. Your friends probably isn't hitting 5k, the tach may be going that high, but if it drops right back to 4k, that's probably what his is hitting as well.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes but mine seems to kinda top at 3500 then climb. does yours go straight to 4000?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
i have an 07 LT and put it neutral than rev, it just jumps straight to 4K. when you say it climbs, describe it? is it climbing like if you were going down the highway and punched it as in...is it a slow creep up to it or what?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so i punch the gas and it goes voom it hits 3500 then it goes voom again and climbs up like 3600 3700 so on to 4... I thought something may be wrong cause on my friends you punch it it goes voom to 5500 then drops to 4000 rev limit.

I been paying attention cause since dealer replaced my fuel sensor and fuel pump im sure my LT slowed down though they are saying its impossible.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
well that could most def do it i think. but no, mine shoots right on up to 4 and thats with me in just park/neutral.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I went and checked mine and it does the same as yours 007. It shoots up to about 3500, then it climbs to about 4000 a little slower.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.