Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I found this site while looking for Cobalt info. I'm working on buying a silver '09 LT with 43k miles. Hope to have the deal wrapped up in a few days. I looked the car over and took it for a test drive last week. Only issue I found was a vibration at highway speeds. The wheel was dancing back and forth but it went straight down the road. Carfax showed new (or resurfaced) front rotors at 30k, the power steering motor, steering shaft, swaybar links and driver's side headlight replaced at 31k. At 43k (2 weeks before I drove it), the front pads were replaced and two tires were balanced. The dealer was supposed to be taking care of the vibration (salesman said it was a tire but I don't think so). I'll be taking it to a mechanic friend to look over tomorrow.

I picked this car before it looks pretty good, is optioned well and gets much better gas mileage than the trucks, SUVs and performance cars that I've been driving over the years. I've never owned anything that can get over 30MPG. I'm looking forward to this!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I just took the car to a friend's shop to look it over with the car on his lift. Everything looks good. It was near my work so I did the same drive that I do daily. Reset the average MPG when I got on the highway to see what it is from exit to exit with the same driving style that I usually use (trying for mileage at 62 MPH). My Suburban would show an average of about 17 MPG as I got off the exit. The Cobalt showed 40.1. That's crazy! Almost 2 1/2 times the mileage that I'm used to! It will probably drop to around 30 with a mix of city/country road and highway but most of my driving is highway.

Quick question about the 17" wheels, do they come with the 2LT package? I think I've seen other Cobalts with that package but with different wheels. Only thing the car is missing that I'd like is remote start. Key fob doesn't have that option. I need to read up on that a little more.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Welcome!

You can probably have a competent car stereo/security shop put in an aftermarket alarm with a car start for not too much. It was $250 for my Code-Alarm.

·
Registered
177 Posts
awesome man welcome to the forums! if you have any question/issues with your car just make a post and someone has probably had the same problem before :p we will be more than happy to help you. good luck with the balt man it looks nice!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder if the previous put SS wheels on it. I think I saw that the tires are 205/55/17 (it's early so I might be wrong :) ).

·
Registered
177 Posts
a lot of the 2lt and sports have the ss/sc rims on them. if its a 1lt then it would probably have the other rims idk. its weird how things work

·
Registered
177 Posts
lmao i think it looks decent

·
Registered
177 Posts
your always gunna have haters even if you do things right to your car ppl are just stubborn a$$ holes.. not directed to anyone here just saying in general

·
Registered
231 Posts
your always gunna have haters even if you do things right to your car ppl are just stubborn a$$ holes.. not directed to anyone here just saying in general

for example this is my friend's tc, we had a coworker that every time he saw the car would start ranting about how ****ed up it was

·
Registered
177 Posts
WOW im not a huge fan of tc's but this is sexyy omg i want those rims! and i wanna be that low haha that looks damn clean man tell your friend i said that sh*t is sick.. is it on bags or coils?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.