Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyway, just wanted to say Hi. and give fair warning to how annoying I can be on car forums.. :p havent been involved in one since I had a Fiero lol Im an off lease vehicle inspector for many financing companies and GMAC is our biggest customer i guess you could say..and Ive inspected my share of cobalts..and to be honest when I first started seeing them I thought they were fugly and looked like neons..but thats how I am...I first have to hate something in order to love it afterwards...same has been for the girls in my life too...yea i dont get it either.. anyway...so one day I got to inspect I believe it was an 07 SS, and thats when I decided I needed to have one! And i just got more excited when I found out they switched to turbos, im more a turbo over supercharger kinda guy...just dont like having the poor crank spinning a ton of belts! SO being gradually more and more disappointed with my 05 Tiburon...with a V6 and 6spd..that pumps out an AMAZING 140hp....bleah...and feels like it weighs as much as a yacht...matched up to a 6spd which is just ridiculous...not to mention the issues ive had finding replacement parts...and having to go to the stealership to get a freakin rad fan motor for 350bucks! and being quoted 2300 bucks to change the clutch! but as fate would have it, i found the exact model I wanted 2010 with that crystal red tint color i really like..and it being at a dealer where they all know me, I think I got a good deal...I think the price on the sticker was 25-26k ...and Somehow they agreed to take my tibby with 100k miles a dented door and a bent frame rail (yea i dont drink and drive again, especically when theres random cinder blocks put in the middle of the road!) well they let me trade it in for 3500...and all and all..with that and some negotiating I got it papers all signed at 17,997....Did i do good? :p ok I have rambled waaaay to much...and havent slept for about 30 hours and have taken about 6 xanny bars in that time :p And Ill end this with a HELLO ALL!! ;)

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome sounds good to me

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
Nice intro story, I have to say good choice going with the Cobalt tc. The v6 Tiburon is SLOOOOW, and I have worked on quite a few at my shop, but the GT v6 2.7 puts out about 175 hp I think, either way the p/w ratio is still pretty shitty in my opinion. We put a next gen motorsports sc kit on one, once it was tuned and dynoed it put out almost 225hp, but for the allmost $6G investmant this kid had in it he would have been better of going with somthing like a Cobalt sc or tc

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
welcome!! f*cking lucky guy gets a turbo ss! I'm so jealous :D can't wait to see pics!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you all! for the welcomes :p and I seriously applaud all of you who read that whole post lol...even those of you who didnt have the attention span to finish it :p I know I wouldnt have.. :p
Anyway just snapped this from my blackberry so its not the best pic...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.