Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i put a turbo kit in my car on my 06 cobalt ss 2.4 and i put a stage 3 clutch in.. But i have a chattering sound while in neutral and in gear but off the throttle, i put in a new tob but still doing it, and also put in a entire new trans, racing grade built its a quaife limited slip differential, had it shipped from England idk what it can be, any ideas..

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brand new and its a 9.5" from the stock 9" it is 8 South Bend clutch and for fidenza

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Got it at zzp for the 2.4l ss

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Any other problems besides the chatter? Trying to help diagnose right now.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I've seen the springs inside the clutch disc come loose and make a weird chattering/rattling sound. could you get a video of the noise?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's on and off while im not moving, but when i push in the clutch it goes away, also while im driving and its in gear but rolling with my foot off the gas it does it. But again if i push in the clutch the rpms go down like normal and the sound stops

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

I not sure how to upload a video to here lol sry

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
That honestly sounds like a tob to me still. Just cuz its new doesn't mean its good.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea i had it a a shop and they did the work, they told me nothing was wrong but i just don't believe it, it did it before the new tob and trans, but still doing it, is there a specific type of tob i need for the power or is stock good to get again

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Well its all depending on the clutch spring pressure and torque ratings.

You said the shop that did the work said nothing was wrong with it? Ask them if that is true than why don't they make that noise from the factory...

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea my point exactly, and i just want it gone, and the clutch i got is a south bend clutch and upgraded fly wheel from 9 to 9.5 this is that it is.. Includes:

Fidanza lightweight flywheel Larger 9.5" disc Increased clamp load pressure plate Pressure plate bolts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.