Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to go with ACDelco Iridiums, but the ones I see on RockAuto are listed as being gapped to .043 inches, which doesn't jive exactly with the .04 listed in the 2005 2.2 owner's manual.

So my question is, should I

1) Buy and use them anyway, as they are,

2) VERY CAREFULLY change the gap on them to .04 inches,

3) Buy a different brand of Iridium (I see some attractive Denso Twin-Tips that claim a .04 gap), or

4) Buy the ACDelco Double Platinums on RockAuto with the .04 gap?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Your car should use ACDELCO PRO 41-105 dual iridium(OEM GM#12607280). These come pregapped and 3/1000 of an inch isn't going to make a difference.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just did the spark plugs on mine not to long ago, I used the ACdelco iridium pregapped and everything is good.

A little tip; Be careful when you remove the coil pack. If you pull a bit harder from a corner it will snap! Pull it out slowly from all the angles till it gets loose. I know because it happened to me...

·
Say What again!
6,011 Posts
Your car should use ACDELCO PRO 41-105 dual iridium(OEM GM#12607280). These come pregapped and 3/1000 of an inch isn't going to make a difference.
Also, you can't gap iridiums anyway.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You can but you need a special tool not readily available. I know the local dealer has one, it looks like a big microscope that surgeons would use.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does the danger in gapping iridiums come from damaging the pointy electrode when you measure the gap, or from damaging something while trying to increase/decrease the gap?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yes and the little piece on the tip too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.