Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have notice a misfire in my 07 Balt LS. It doesn't have any mods on her. I want to go with new spark plugs. Yes my car is just about to turn 27k but with a stock exhaust and hearing it miss makes me :sad: Just don't what plug I should go with.... Any help or bashings will be greatly appreciated!

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

So I have notice a misfire in my 07 Balt LS. It doesn't have any mods on her. I want to go with new spark plugs. Yes my car is just about to turn 27k but with a stock exhaust and hearing it miss makes me :sad: Just don't what plug I should go with.... Any help or bashings will be greatly appreciated!
I bought the car with 24364 on the dial...... The miss I hear is really depressing me...... After June 4th '11 my warranty will be up so I can do anything I want

·
Registered
296 Posts
If i remember it correctly from others asking this question a while back, the best bet is to stay with the same brand and models as stock, especially considering your not running any major mods. but someone correct me if i am wrong.. all i know about spark plugs is to stay away from e3... but here this may help you

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/engine-mods/16763-what-best-spark-plugs.html

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah heard that E3 were junk... I'm just really starting to realize the person that had my car before me could give two ****'s about it! I really hope I did not buy a lemon!

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Thanks for the link.... Even though it showed me I'm lazy.... Yeah I think I'm going to go with the NGK... My car maybe stock but she won't be that way for long!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
AC Delco and NGKs are the only plugs that work. Anything like Bosch are junk.

·
Registered
931 Posts
i had a misfire in my 07 LS at 52K...eventally my cel came on i changed the plugs and coil for cyilinder 2.. and nothing... 2 weeks latter the light was back on... turned out to be a bad injecter

besides i think the spark plygs are 100K plugs... altho id never push them that far... 27K is too early to replace them.. if yer misfireing THIS early take it to the dealer... theres deff a problem there

·
Registered
212 Posts
The above is a good point.

However, assuming it IS the spark plugs. I am running autolite iridium plugs, they are smooth and great! I know some of you do not like Autolite, but they are the only makers of an iridium plug for our cars. NGK doesn't have a iridium model for the 2.2 (I would've bought that).

Make sure you follow torque specs and use anti-seize grease. All VERY important, also check the gap.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

I bought the car with 24364 on the dial...... The miss I hear is really depressing me...... After June 4th '11 my warranty will be up so I can do anything I want
yes there is a problem with stock spark plugs at 26k i had plug in # 3 cylinder crack i replaced those with aftermarket iridium spark plugs 38 k works no problems :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
that's funny, i had the bkr7e's in, which i still use, and cylinder 3 was leaking through the ceramic. never really figured out what it is, but i always assumed it was from not having proper crank case ventilation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just recently put in autolites irridiums or platinums. Once i corrected my gap.010 nbetter it was smoother and had he get up and go out of each gear better...Bosch suck ass and are too expensive and never had luck with ngk's so stock
acdelco would be your best!

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all! Yeah I'm really set on the NGK Iridium. I hate Bosch plugs had them in my Grand Am and the car ran like hell!

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Bosch plugs suck.

Either NGK iridiums or stock Delco iridiums.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.