Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have the GM 100,000 mile spark plugs in our cars(which are nice) but is there a better plug i could get for my 2.2 that might off a tiny gain of hp or something? or is getting added performance from a plug not possible. anyone have proof or dyno's of increased hp from different/better plugs? thanks guys

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I know we have the GM 100,000 mile spark plugs in our cars(which are nice) but is there a better plug i could get for my 2.2 that might off a tiny gain of hp or something? or is getting added performance from a plug not possible. anyone have proof or dyno's of increased hp from different/better plugs? thanks guys
any platinum plugs would be better

·
Registered
594 Posts
just go platinum and you're fine,as for gain probably 1hp if that

·
Registered
79 Posts
in the 2.2 we already have the best sparkplugs..w have double platinum something.. i forget the full name...But if you want bettter spark plugs got to The Pulstar™ Pulse Plug is not just another spark plug!

the web page explains it all... only prob is for 4 of them is like $100..lotta doe but supposedly nice gains

·
Registered
594 Posts
I don't know if the pulstar would give our vehicle 5hp or more honestly,maybe 3hp,and most likely better fuel economy.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I don't know if the pulstar would give our vehicle 5hp or more honestly,maybe 3hp,and most likely better fuel economy.
I agree, 3hp is probably more like it. It's been proven to reduce choppy idle also, but like I've said before.... An ignition system is only as good as its weakest link. For your everyday driver, I'd say just stick with platinum plugs because $100 for plugs is kinda crazy.

·
Registered
594 Posts
they look just like the bosch spark plugs that I have for my vehicle,I honestly have no problems with them at all,maybe its just a gimmick,who knows until someone on here tries it out.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I honestly doubt there a gimmick. DC magazine did tests on these plugs on three different vehicles and the results were good

·
Registered
594 Posts
well at least a magazine tested them instead of advertising it like most magazines would with the turbonator lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
you guys are prob right about the hp...i wasnt sure exactly

·
Registered
79 Posts
thnks duff...i just try to help out man unlike some ***holes ive seen on this forum

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
i think we all know. so even with the GM plugs in whats the best mileage to change these maybe the next oil change?? I'm at like 34000 and just changed my oil at 9% life

Talking about oil life... Im using natural oil if i switch next time do i have to do anything so the computer knows its synthetic, or does it read the same?

anddd why dont i get the little gray "blah blah added 30 sec later" thing? lol

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
i think we all know. so even with the GM plugs in whats the best mileage to change these maybe the next oil change?? I'm at like 34000 and just changed my oil at 9% life

Talking about oil life... Im using natural oil if i switch next time do i have to do anything so the computer knows its synthetic, or does it read the same?

anddd why dont i get the little gray "blah blah added 30 sec later" thing? lol
it's a post merge, it does it automatically

as for the synthetic switch, just do it, there is nothing extra you have to do. Remember this though, it's more expensive, and once you switch, there is no turning back.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts

as for the synthetic switch, just do it, there is nothing extra you have to do. Remember this though, it's more expensive, and once you switch, there is no turning back.
Not true.. Why do you think ppl use a synthetic blend?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Not true.. Why do you think ppl use a synthetic blend?
i stand corrected, it was what i had believed for the longest time

still a hell of alot more expensive

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

lol kinda made it sound like an epic thing. okay i guess next time is it. as far as cost i heard that since synthetic lasts longer it pretty much balances out.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
lol kinda made it sound like an epic thing. okay i guess next time is it. as far as cost i heard that since synthetic lasts longer it pretty much balances out.
you got that right, run it till the change oil indicator tells you to, then change it. The cobalt's oil life indicator was designed around the use of the synthetic motor oil, so it is set up to go off it. Information given to me by a GM Certified technician from one of the plants where they built the cars. Cant remember which one tho:confused:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.