Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i want to know what do they mean when they say that the spakers are 100rms and 300watt peak, what i want to know is is this 100watt rms FOR EACH SPEAKER or is it 100watt rms for the pair so 50watt rms EACH. They do not specify it. Its a little confusing for a newbie like me so i would like to know it if i want to buy an amp i dont want to take one too powerfull for the speakers.

Specifications:

Power Handling, Peak: 300 Watts
Power Handling, RMS: 100 Watts
Frequency Response: 60 Hz - 27 kHz
Sensitivity: 89 dB
Impedance: 4 Ohms
Mounting Depth: 3"

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Are you talking about subs, speakers, etc?

A link or description would be helpful here...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey there man....rms is the power that a speaker can handle consistently without resulting in a blown speaker. Peak power means that is what it can at for a short amount of time........ohms means how much resistance is flowing through the wire (the less ohms the better ussually). Spec's are given for one speaker not a pair (most of the time) i hope i helped. A good website to look at is Car Alarm, Car Stereo, Mobile Video, and Cruise Control Info for Installers
what kinda speakers are u looking at?

·
Registered
71 Posts
RMS is the constant amount of wattage it can put out, without getting destroyed/ damaged... the MAX power, is the amount it can put out before having the sound clip or distort. also- if you run it at "max wattage" for a certain amount of time.. they will damage/ blow ... be careful~

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all your answers, MP81, im talking about 6x9 speakers, Alpine SPR-69C

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i have them dude
there good speakers! i like em alot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.