Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Speaker Box In...

Well, a while back I got some 6.5" Pioneers and yesterday I got some 6x9s. Well today I just got the back ones in, and man what a difference a set of good speakers make.

I went up to an audio shop this morning too and got a quote for a custom box. Some time this week I'm getting a box with my two crossfire db3 8" subs put in. Its gonna go about where the stock crappy pioneer goes, but they said they will make it look like it was meant to go there. Already have the amp put where I want it, just gotta get new wires and a line converter for it since the other one fried. I'll keep you posted and get pics later on this week.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

The car is at the audio shop as I type this, they said it may be the rest of the day, but they are making it out of fiberglass and covering it with the same type of carpet the trunk is lined with. When it gets done I'll let ya'll know.

·
Registered
821 Posts
dude! What! Where the hell do you have an audio shop that's also gonna hook you up with a custom fiber glass enclosure!?!?!?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it turned out there wasn't a need to fiberglass to make the box... it looks good and makes these 8s sound so much better, deeper, and louder. I actually had to turn down the amp so I could here the music. Anyways, I now need Ideas on how to add a little something to the box or what I should add to it. The guy left a huge blank spot above the bottom sub, so I got room to work with a logo or something. I just wish he would have covered it in the same stuff as the trunk was lined but they didn't have that color. Anyways, Enjoy. Only $200 for the custom box, that is time/material, which is good for around here.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

bumpity, no love for the G5? come on guys, I know someone has looked at these pics?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys, even though they are 8s they hit hard. Especially in the new box. My girlfriend had two twelves on a 450W amp and I believe these things sound cleaner and deeper than hers ever did. I'm thinking of getting a pontiac dart made on a patch or something an ironing it on to the fabric on the box to take up the monotony of the blank space.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Looks Good, I Definitely agree bout the difference their is with good speakers, i replaced all my speakers and it blows me away how good it sounds on a stock Head unit

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
just a random side note, I bought all the speakers to replace the stock cardboard ones. and mine had 6x8s...I've never seen that anywhere. I was still able to get them mounted, but it was like "surprise!" lol.

On subject. I like the sub setup!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.