Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I tried searching the forum, and sent atleast 5 emails out and still no decent response.
Can anyone tell me what size HID to put into the spec-d black projector headlights for an 09 cobalt LS? I already got a kit coming on the way for my stock housing from buyhid.com but I'm planning in the future to upgrade to the bi-xenon inside a projector housing.
Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
pics of the headlights would be helpful since there are 4 types of projector headlights for the cobalt

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
they are first generation which i have go to the forum section then marketplace HID central is very good and knowledgeable i believe they're H7 bulbs but i could be wrong. Ask Mkurley13 runs that site. When i go home ill check the box that my HID came in

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks gooty, while I'm thinking about it. your in albany right? I think I've seen your car around downtown before.

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts
Available Bulb Sizes For The Cobalt: Stock = 9007, Gen 1 & 3 = H1, Gen 2 & 4 = H7, Fogs = H11 (I carry every other bulb size as well)

according to mkulrey

so H1 for you

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Some projectors have different bulbs, i have some on the way and the lows are h7 and the highs are h1.

Also, FYI, if you are getting projectors you dont need bi xenon. because the point of bi xenon is to get a high and low beam from one bulb, where with projos you have separate high and low bulbs

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
yeah i just checked mine and they are H1 i believe the H7 are for stock housing or something cuz i remember reading about H7 somewhere but its pretty much plug and play very little wiring depending on kit

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.