Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People,

Apt complex has bad bumps, and even though I go slow, they hit my lower pass side trim and hence got entangled around my front tire! AAA untangled it. Now, I want their insurance to pay. This could be a battle. May not even be worth it.

So, just to be prepared, where can I find a new trim pc for my 2010 LT sport pkg cobalt (non turbo)? I will pop it on myself, if it comes to it. If it isnt so $$, may not bother to hound them for threir insurance Co's name/claims.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Modified suspension? If so you will lose.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
pics? how the hell did that happen. i cant imagine it right now.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Modified suspension? If so you will lose.
Totally stock/factory. I dont modify stuff.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

pics of said damage? are you talking about the plastic fender liners?
Thanks, LS, but right now, no picture- guess I should get one thoughg. Beats me how in the heck it happened. Wierestest thing in my life. Stinkin bumps. The good drivers have to pay the price for the dumb /reckless speeders in a parking lot.

To explain further, its the lower trim, closest to the road, horizontal, below the passenger door. Starts from rear botom whel fender, goes to about the rear part of the bottom front fender.

Thaks

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

pics of said damage? are you talking about the plastic fender liners?
No, not fender liners, but the pretty/factory pained (same color as car) trim. Maybe I could pull up a photo of a sport pkg LT, shouldnt be hard, eh?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
side skirt?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
It's just a base model with an SS kit on it. You should get a pic of the damage though. If you think you want to go through with it you will need to report it and contact the apartment complex asap.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

side skirt?
exactly

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
rear mud flap?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thnaks, people. Yes, its probably the side skirt (?). Right- gotta slow down for sure on bumps, which is what I do. But now, Im just needing to get a cost on buying a new side skirt. Whare would you go for pricing? Is there a preferred cobalt/GM site that sells these trim pieces?

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

I mean, if its not much, I wont even bother to chase them for a claim......

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Did you jump it? Im dropped more than 3" and if I go slow I'm good over the biggest speed bumps. Got to be careful
OK, whats "jump it"??

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Oh, it will cost you. You will have to go to a dealer for a new one unless you want to spend some time search junk yards or ebay for a good price, then most likely getting it painted. Even from the dealer they will probably only have them primed, not color matched.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
And the fact that they dont make the car anymore.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And the fact that they dont make the car anymore.
That actually has little to do with parts availability- there is still a market for parts for that year. As a matter of fact, parts for a car reach peak production at about 5-10 years, despite if its still being made or not. Besides, even if a model was still being "made", parts for that car's generation/series have nothing to do with parts for the next generation.

Its whena car gets too old- no mater if they still make it or not- that parts become less available.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I don't ruin parts over speed bumps and look how low my car is...

Quit going 56 mph over them.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
We had some here that they actually replaced because they were so high

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Missouri has some of the worst roads in the states...we have bridge attaching/asphalting/pot hole/uneven issues...everywhere.

Speed bumps, not so much.

Thank god we got a break somewhere.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.