Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I had mine taken off even though I never have went fast enough to hit the factory one. It's taken off in a tune, that's the only way.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Not the only way, you can also disable it with a Tech 2. You just have to enter a Z rated tire.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I'm sorry but you can't just mention that and not explain jane.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
For that kind of money get HP Tuners or go to a shop that has one. I turned on cruise with one a friend had access to.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I'm sorry but you can't just mention that and not explain jane.
Ha, well, it was a sneaky bet. I put $100 that my buddy couldn't figure out how to lower my windows with a Tech 2. He spent 10 minutes cycling through all the menus and couldn't find it. The teacher came around and I offered him the same deal, with similar results.

I have manual windows.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Not all GM vehicles have the accessory test menu. It would be in the BCM Special functions menu. On the Cobalt I beleive there is no menu for power window because it is a stand alone accessory not controlled or monitored by any CPU. Same with heated seat.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

can explain to me how to do this exactly I got a friend who has a tech 2 but he's not so bright.
You will have to enter into ECM programming, but I have to warn you if he doesn't know what he's doing, he can vegetate your ECM pretty quick. Once you enter in the programming sequence of the ECM you can't quit, you can't backpage, you can't turn Tech II "OFF" you can't lose power. It is going to take you through a list of all the previously programmed options which you have to acknowledge by pressing yes or no until you get to the tire menu where you will be able to decide on tire size and speed rating. Choose the highest one, I beleive it is "Z". This will remove speed limiter. You also might want to up the engine high RPM cut off point if you intend to push it to the limit. Make sure his Tech II is up to date with latest possible version. Mine is 33.002

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
That's probably the one bad thing about the newer suspension I have, inspires confidence at speed vs FE1 where you feel like the car is going to slide off the road.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Stock limiter is 110 so you weren't to 115

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can vouch for him I've hit 115 before, I was going downhill tho if you stay on the limiter long enough and you go down hill you can hit 115

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.