Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
ok so I have a 2009 Pontiac G5 automatic I know this is a cobalt group but they are pretty much the same.
anyway my problem is the car will not shift out of 1st gear for about half a mile or sometimes if you get it above 4k rpms it will but if it drops below 20 mph it does this all over again and my speedometer is not working and the power steering is not working right. Now I had a similar problem last year and I changed the vehicle speed sensor on the transmission and this fixed it. So I decided to try that and now it wont shit out of first at all. I have checked the TCM fuse and unplugged and reset the two blue pcm/tcm plugs and still no change....saw an old post on here about loss of connection and did all the suggestions that I saw in that and still no change, the thread was closed before the was any answer or fix..so any ideas I will defiantly try .thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Any codes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a scan tool but will have one put on it today...there is no check engine light on all that shows up is "power steering" on the small screen where my odometer is and just lines in any of the other info centers.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Well you definitely lost communication with BCM so you should have a ''U'' code.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.