Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has replaced their gauge cluster (face only)? I have found a few different colors from US Speedo that look nice. Just wondering how hard it is to replace and if anyone has had luck with them.

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
they cost alot lol

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

isnt it just some damn paper

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
its obo, so I'm sure you could get it for like $100, but it would look sexy. a new gauge face costs as much...and this is a custom color, so it seems alright to me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
XFE.. I was looking for a face swap not the whole cluster.

Does anyone have a how to for just the face?

Blackcatcustom is the best one I have seen so far.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Blackcat is good but they only have 3 colors, US Speedo has a few colors that people may like on their rides. I have been looking as US Speedo myself.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
blackcat has alot of options, atleast when I went back yesterday I saw a good bit of things for my SS/SC, not sure about the LS,Lts and such. I want to get one but other things I gotta pay for. I did a face swap in my LS when I had that, I remember you have to take off the two trim pieces off, unscrew the two screws, wiggle and giggle and pull out the black piece than get the clust out, pull needles off, take off face plate, replace with new face and just reverse everything. I believe that is the jist. I recommend looking at the where the needles are when the car is off and its a good idea to have a full tank of gas so that needle would be easy to remember what position that needle was in. The needles are easy as crap to knock out of place. Maybe take a picture of how they looked when the car is off for reference for the speedo and rpms. Once you have the gauge back in the car and before you put the cover on and than the black piece, align needles and than start car, see if they line up, if they are in the right spot leave car on and put it all back together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.