Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cleaned up the wire harness and all that behind my deck today, and wired in my HVAC lights (blue LED's) and now my speedo, tach, inf odisplay, non of its working at all!!! WTF!! Nothing changed at all! All I can think of is something shorted out, but theres still power to it.
Any ideas? gunna take it to the dealership tomorrow i think ..... fuuuuuuuuuuuck

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also the cluster lighting and interior lighting (hvac, fog light button, etc) arent lighting up. Note I swapped back to a brand new HVAC circuit board.
after testing some wires, it looks like the daylight sensor wire isn't responding. i really hope this is easy and cheap to fix :S

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump
Anyone have a suggestion? Im bringing it in tomorrow if they have time and will post the outcome.

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts
What do you mean you "cleaned the harness up"?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I added an amp and shortened some of the wires and swapped the twisted wires and tape for propper crimped connectors.
It was a very complicated install since its a DVD/Nav/Deck with a number of hardwire bypasses. So there are about 50 wires back there rather than the usual 10.

The conflict occurred because I hooked the reverse signal wire into the GMLAN wire...big oops!! There are 6 green wires back there so it was the first place I looked. Swapped it back and everythings going great now. My steering wheel controls stopped working so I think my PAC module isn't hooked up right, but being only 3 wires (ground, ignition +, and remote in) I think the module might just be messed up. Better that than the whole computer tho. I'm having my install leader look at it tomorrow and see what he says, but I think he'll say the same

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.