Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had this done? if so how much did it cost for parts, labor, etc.

i've never had to do this and i'm not bragging or anything i'm just curious as to what its going to cost me...

·
Registered
575 Posts
U can buy recalibration kits for 99 bucks but u can only use em once i believe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just had an idea. i tried to post this in css.net but its having server problems right now...but do any of you who have read this think that the speedometer part of the inlay on the corvette would fit on the speedometer on the cobalt? give me some feedback and let me know what YOU think...

the goal with this whole speedometer thing is to get one that reads AT LEAST 180mph

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess it might you would have to look at both of them. Do you plan on going 180?
it would be nice if i could reach those speeds.... btw i posted this topic on cobaltss.net and holy hell did it turn into an insult fest...

check this out...Speedometer Recalibration - Page 3 - Cobalt SS Network

depending on how you look at it it could make me seem like a retard but whatever...i know i'm not retarded. i am STILL laughing at some of the responses that it got... could make for a good read....maybe...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah... that got pretty nasty. Straight up, even without a governor, the last gear @ 6500 rpms would be appx 180 mph. Even a cobalt running over 5k rpm for prolonged periods, odds are somethings going break. My first bet are the piston rods made out of pot metal. Best thing to do, stay realistic. If I can say one thing about cobalts, you get what you pay for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.