Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my 2005 Base Model 2DR Cobalt Standard. I bought it from the local dealership in October and have been driving it ever since as my daily driver. I bought it in replace of my 2003 Lariat F-350 Turbo Diesel Powerstroke, that I miss every day but still love my cobalt! I bought it bone stock and have modded it ever since.

Name: KC Hellawell
Car: 2005 Cobalt Base Model 2DR Standard
Color: Ultra Silver Metallic
Kilometers when Bought: 108843

Modifications:
Gloss Black High Rise SS Spoiler with CF End Caps -150$
2 Black JDM Racing Seats with sliders - 350$
DDX419 Kenwood Double Din Deck - 450$
Power Lock Conversion Kit - 80$
MPx Shorty Antenna - 24.99$
Vertical doors inc- Lambo doors - 1100$
Custom steering wheel badge - 20$
Velox Glide 17" 7.5 Rims special ordered -980$
Nitto Neo Gens 215/45/17R - 720$
Cup Holder LED Mod - 20$
D2 COILOVERS -900$
Head Rest Delete Mod
MudFlap Delete Mod
Tinted Reverse Tail Lights
Custom Sharpied Cobalt Trim -300$
Custom Painted Door panels
Painted Brake Calipers and Drums
SS Door Panel Swap (Blue Inserts)
Power Window Conversion
Shorty Lock Mod
Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrapped Glove box, HU Kit and Steering wheel panel

Audio
- 2 10" Cobalt Orion 10 Subwoofers
- Kenwood KAC-629S 350 Watt Amplifier
- 2 MTX Audio door speakers - 140$
- 2 Pioneer Tweeters

Future Plans:

- k2 motors taillights
- New Headlights with HIDS
- tinted windows
- E break handle and boot
- Short shifter
- New Exhaust
(Completed 8 future plans)

BEFORE

NOW:

Thank you for taking a look at my car! I look forward to posting more updates! And will continue to mod my car untill I drive it to the ground.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Not bad. Gunna have to figure out your forced induction goals before you get a Cai.

Fe5 struts and shocks with ssc springs look great. Getting a tsudo catback is prob your best $$$ catback aswell.

Zzpperformance will be your friend

oh and one of these will make you happy.

http://www.cosmoracing.com/productinfo.asp?cid=228&pid=1459

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all of the ideas! I'll definately take a look at those mods. And I'm from north bay. Ontario. Canada. 4 hours away from Toronto.

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well! I really wish I could have posted an update by now! Damn you stupid dealership!

Finally got my car back for a 2nd time! Owned it for about 3 weeks now, and have only actually had it in my driveway for one day, and drove for an hour. It now has a 2nd brand new clutch haha.

Anyways been doing allot of planning for the car and got a few parts in the garage already ready to be installed.

My power lock conversion kit came in plus I have a high rise wing on its way.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
You dont have the LS you have the base model, FYI. Thats where I started though!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
After 05 the base model became the LS and the options model became the LT. So you were on the right track compared to what everyone else has. I get asked frequently how I did my auto conversion and sunroof on my LS. I always have to explain that!

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After 05 the base model became the LS and the options model became the LT. So you were on the right track compared to what everyone else has. I get asked frequently how I did my auto conversion and sunroof on my LS. I always have to explain that!
ah ok that must be where I got it from! it whon't be no base model after I get my automatic locks installed :p I never looked but was there any HP difference? I know the SS there is.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Nope. The lap motor (09-10) has 155hp, mostly due to an intake change

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
base models are bomb! until you get to 4th gear and ss's are still in 3rd and fly past you lol

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

also, not sure if i've told you or not. but if you have any questions about the path you're looking to take as far as mods, let me know. I've been through all 3 routes (n/a, sc, tc) so i can give you advice as to what you can do.

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
base models are bomb! until you get to 4th gear and ss's are still in 3rd and fly past you lol

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

also, not sure if i've told you or not. but if you have any questions about the path you're looking to take as far as mods, let me know. I've been through all 3 routes (n/a, sc, tc) so i can give you advice as to what you can do.
Thanks man! Ill make sure to keep that in mind and send a few pm's your way

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well, so far I got new seats, a double din deck, new pedals, and a wing. Since its winter though Ive only gotten the chance to install my wing. Here are some pictures. Double Din is next then seats.

Its hard to tell in these pictures but I got carbon fiber end caps on the wing.

What do you guys think!

Here is the deck i bought

And the pedals

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Well my cobalt is finally starting to look more modified haha

Just got my new steering wheel badge in and was hoping to install the doors but that is going to be a spring project.

and my license plate cover thanks to boosted!

that pewny little pea shooter exaust is actually bugging me so I may get a new exghaust system after my rims and tirees wich seem to be a never ending battle on picking the right ones. Still no clue what to get

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Re: KC'S 2005 Coupe Standard COBALT

X2 on the exhaust. Less black ops/halo and more exhaust work.

Unless you're playing with me. Fab thing I've done to date is rid myself of the crappy stock exhaust

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
X2 on the exhaust. Less black ops/halo and more exhaust work.

Unless you're playing with me. Fab thing I've done to date is rid myself of the crappy stock exhaust
Money Man everytime I logon le xbox you are offline! by a few minutes haha

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
im an hr ahead of you so when you get off work at 12 its already 1am here

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I'm going on right now!!!!!! was going to go buy an iphone but I feel im too manly for one of those and on a job site one fall it would be destroyed.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

ps...im jealous of your cruise control

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.