Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys been spending a ton of time over at HIDplanet, talking about retrofits and stuff, so for the few who missed me sorry! Anyways I figured I would post my progress on my Retrofit build that has cost me an arm and a leg already! And still more to buy! So here it is!

The Build:

So here is what my build Idea consists of and is bound to change quite a bit from here until finish and also have allot of ideas that are up in the air! So the Headlight will either be painted gloss black or flat black, I have not decided yet and maybe you guys could help me out on which you think would look best. I will also be doing a blue stripe that goes around the edge of the bowl and the other bowl. Another thing that is in the air is to do color matched shrouds or use the bohemas blue I used on my first retrofit. Opinions welcome for that. NOW HERE IS THE GOOD STUFF! I will be doing RGB demon eyes controlled by a controller that will be able to change colors via remote and also sync to my cars music. On top I will be doing outside RGB Halos controlled by a remote, I will also have inner Halos but only white. And I'm not done yet! I will also be doing dual projectors using mini h1's. These will only have normal halos and switchback turn signal. On top of all this I have built a vacuum forming station, and will be creating a custom shroud to go over the headlight, that will make everything look oem and fit perfectly!

So now that my idea is put to paper, I will be posting pics of what I have got done along with rants and changes I've made, as you can see this will be a ton of work but I got the time and the patience! I want these suckers to be unique and they will be!

------------------------------
PROGRESS
------------------------------

Alright so as of today I have both headlights completely disassembled and ready for stripping the chrome. Today I also ordered my LED controllers allong with the wiring I will need and the led strips. Tomorrow I will be ordering my FX-R's and the rest of the parts I will need. I also have to hit the wood store to get supplies for my vacuum former. Here are the pics so far.

Headlight Disassembled

First piece stripped.

I'll keep you guys updated as I continue feel free to ask questions and while we are here here are some questions you could help me with.

What do you think would look better flat black headlight or Gloss black?

What shroud should I go with?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Ooh I'm excited!

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WELP! My wallet is dead...

My grocery list

FXR'S
Panamera Shrouds
120 MM xbaleds (80$ !!! for a pair....)
16 Feet of RGB Wire
Music 2.0 RGB LED controller
2 RGB clips
2 90 mm RGB halos with controller

Still more to buy! I should have my xfr's very soon!

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ooops forgot to update! Here are some pictures!

Chemicals doing they're job! Yeehaww!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parts have arrived! These things are massive!

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
blurry pics ftl!!! use the focus feature! lol, looking good so far though

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
It's not the focus, he was so excited like a kid at Xmas that what you see is him shaking with joy.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If you're looking for 12 volt supplies to bench test those.....

12 volt 2 amp supply

12 volt 15 amp supply

http://www.banggood.com/buy/sku032939.html

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

There is also a 3.2 amp supply

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wooo Another package arrived today!

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

If you're looking for 12 volt supplies to bench test those.....

12 volt 2 amp supply

12 volt 15 amp supply

sku032939 - Buy Cheap sku032939 From Banggood

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

There is also a 3.2 amp supply
Hey coby I was told that bigger one wont be able to handle HIDS, how much is the small 2 amp one? I can maybe get that for my leds and a seperate pc supply for hids

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Who told you a 15 amp DC supply wouldn't run an HIDs? Don't listen to everything Bozzo says. 15 amp times 12 volts is 180 Watts. You can light all 4 HIDs

sku020723 - Buy Cheap sku020723 From Banggood

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Do you want one of mine? I'll wire it up for you with a power cord and DC quick clips. $12 plus shipping.

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Who told you a 15 amp DC supply wouldn't run an HIDs? Don't listen to everything Bozzo says. 15 amp times 12 volts is 180 Watts. You can light all 4 HIDs

sku020723 - Buy Cheap sku020723 From Banggood

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Do you want one of mine? I'll wire it up for you with a power cord and DC quick clips. $12 plus shipping.
As in alligator clips?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.