Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gang, I just bought me one of them thar 09 Cobalt Coupes, and wonderin if I can remove the spoiler, and cover the holes with something other that tape.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
just out of curiousity, why buy a balt with a spoiler and take the spoiler off? it doesn't make sense to me to spend like $500 for the spoiler just to take it off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just bought the car, dealer didn't have any without the spoiler, at my age, I don't really like the spoiler, Just the wife and myself, grandparents, etc. So you see my situation....Spoilers are for kids, which I'm not...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just bought the car, dealer didn't have any without the spoiler, at my age, I don't really like the spoiler, Just the wife and myself, grandparents, etc. So you see my situation....Spoilers are for kids, which I'm not...
Might be able to work out a trade with someone on here for a trunk with no wing. I would do it if it was a blue coupe :bigsmile:

·
Registered
126 Posts
i took mine off and filled the holes with QuickSteel and painted it with the touch up paint. Then i drove around for about a week drilled the quicksteel out and put it back on. The spoiler holes that are closest to the rear of the car are kinda strange, there is the whole and then it kinda has 2 eyebrow shaped holes around it. If i where to take mine off again i would have it professionally welded and sprayed.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'd look for a trade with a member who has a wingless trunk in your colour. Either ask around here, or head to css.net where there's a far bigger population.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My outlook on the spoiler,..... if you have a ss with a high-rise leave it on, it is just one more thing that seperates the ss from the ls, lt, and base. If it is a lowrise just leave it finishes the ass ened of the car. But anyways welcome to the site

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
You sound like kit who wants to grow fast to me. I also like cobalt with no spoilers but I also like them with spoiler , Dont know how to cover the holes tho , best bet is to buy new trunk without spoiler

·
Registered
678 Posts
I <3 my spoiler

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
WELCOME! and either quick steel and paint, or body shop.. and if you do it yourself get ready for alot of fun getting that glue off that keeps the wing on...

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
My outlook on the spoiler,..... if you have a ss with a high-rise leave it on, it is just one more thing that seperates the ss from the ls, lt, and base. If it is a lowrise just leave it finishes the ass ened of the car. But anyways welcome to the site
i have an ss with the high rise and i HATE it :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I want a low rise soooo bad but no matter how hard i try i can't find someone to trade

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.