• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that is selling a set of Sportlines that were used for a week. And is selling them for a good price.

But what i'm wondering is what would be better the Sportlines or go with Progress for $100 more.
They both have about the same drop.
Also i'm installing FE5 Shocks at the same time.
My car is strictly a DD. No racing of any type.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Just because you hear more about something doesn't mean it is BETTER than something else. I'd base it on straight up evidence...I found the 11+ pages talking about springs on the other big forum quite useful...some of the members, not so much...but you get the idea. Really gave me tons of great info on springs.

·
Registered
236 Posts
sportlines! have good drop and good ride. have not been in a cobalt with progress tho. my friends civic has them not bad.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sportlines for sure, if they have the same drop more or less and the Sportlines are cheaper thats what I would do. Most springs out for our cars are about the same handling wise (besides Pedders of course) so why spend more money.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Progress springs actually lower a lot better than Sportlines. I've always though that the Sportlines height should have been what the cars came with stock. Progress lowers about .5-.75 more and keeps the raked stance where-as Sportlines even it out.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I know it isn't part of the 2 options...but I thought B&G was lower than both but still had a decent ride?

Someone correct me if I am wrong tho...

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'd say Sportlines. Levels like the ProKit, but lower :)

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Got Pedders (best handling) for $300 shipped for my DD, it was well worth it. I found an old JDP Motorsports group buy thread and they honored that price. Fast shipping.

Some say Canuck Motorsports springs (2" front, 1.5" rear drop, $183 shipped) are a quality product that give a better ride than Eibach. Go to Search, enter "canuck springs," select the "search posts" button and click the "go" button.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Got Pedders (best handling) for $300 shipped for my DD, it was well worth it. I found an old JDP Motorsports group buy thread and they honored that price. Fast shipping.

Some say Canuck Motorsports springs (2" front, 1.5" rear drop, $183 shipped) are a quality product that give a better ride than Eibach. Go to Search, enter "canuck springs," select the "search posts" button and click the "go" button.

Truth CM springs are very good and can be found on ebay for 150ish. They are the same spring ZZP sold under the name SSC springs. They lower about .5-.75in more than Sportlines but ride much better especially with FE5 struts/shocks. If I didnt want to get really low I would totally get these.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Pedders or SSCs.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
i just ordered progress from TTR.. i didnt want to drop quite as low as sportlines so they fit the bill perfect.. especially with their sale :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
if you mean surprise by progress being lower than expected thats ok, but from every pic i've seen sportlines sit lower in total.. i hope its not a different kind of surprise though..:blink:
Progress is about quarter of an inch lower. May be hard to tell from pics but it is. I think the rake that Progress keeps is nicer though

Sportlines:

Progress:

Personally you made the better choice, but I saw you were worried about hitting your exhaust. Im just messing, im sure it will be fine though.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
i saw that thread too but from other pics it seems that thread is wrong.. alot of ppl on progress dont look nearly that low

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

this is an LS that is on progress springs

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

and another for good measure.. so idk what to believe

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
It has the infamous reverse rake.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.