Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got out there and felt like putting some pics up... Also does anyone know what I can use that's a little more abrasive than a standard sponge but won't scratch??? I had to use my nail on a few things.

they were taken with a camera phone so thats why they're grainey... oh yeah any one have tips on hand waxing???

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I finally got out there and felt like putting some pics up... Also does anyone know what I can use that's a little more abrasive than a standard sponge but won't scratch??? I had to use my nail on a few things.

QUOTE]

Best thing to when washing a car is to use a microfiver towel so you do not scratch the paint. Those tough spots will require a little elbow grease with the towel and it should come out. If your talking about deep in dirt, wax that has a little cleaner(compound) already in it will do the job. Do not use stright compound, espcieally if you never done it before, you can easily eat the paint right off your car. Waxing is not that hard, you can get one of those cans that come with the little sponge, put a small amount on the sponge and make little circles 1 area at a time. Then take a soft rag or something and use the same circular motion to take it off. Let the wax sit until it looks like chalk dust before talking it off, it should come off realitvly easy, if not you havnt waited long enough.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i noticed that while i dried it that the towel worked better.
It just looked like stuff from like a purse that had like a plastic cover on the seam that someone rubbed up against and left some marks...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Just did mine the other day, it needs to be clay barred and waked next ....here are a few clips....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.