Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i bought a injen intake a while ago for my 07 ls. It comes with the SRI as well as the adapter for the CAI. My question is...with injen....is the cold air extension really proven to offer more HP than just the short ram. I know cold air is usually better, but in injens case does it really matter? or will i see a touch more HP Cold air. I just wanted to be sure that it offers more HP before i take my bumper off and stuff to put the cold air extension on. Thanks

·
Registered
673 Posts
Anytime you can get the intake inlet out of the engine bay you will get more hp. It may only be 1 or 2 but it will help. If you mod more in the future those gains usually get magnified some. Remember colder air = more horsepower.

I honestly can't think of one good reason to run a SRI.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
yea i really wouldnt run SAI unless i had to for like a turbo setup or something....it draws the hot air in fom the engine bay and sits too close to the motor for my liking

·
Registered
869 Posts
Until K&N makes a CAI for my car im going to use their SRI. Its got more proven horsepower than any current brand of CAI ive seen.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
The difference between CAI and SRI in the 2.2/2.4 is virtually unnoticable. The difference is, a SRI has very little piping to restrict air flow. Giving you better throttle response. But a CAI will give you a better top end, because air molicules are condensed when cold.

By the way, You don't need to remove the bumper to put in a CAI. Just turn the tire all the way to the right and pull back the fender well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.